Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Meet Hollywood’s Awful Anti-Vaxx All-Stars

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 395 Replies
4 moms liked this

Meet Hollywood’s Awful Anti-Vaxx All-Stars

Who’s to blame for the return of measles? Is it the 'loons' who refuse to vaccinate their children? Or is it the celebrities who champion the anti-vaccination campaign?

Jenny McCarthy: “We need to get rid of the toxins, the mercury—which I am so tired of everyone saying it's been removed. It has not been removed from the shots."

Kristin Cavallari: "I understand both sides of it. I've read too many books about autism and there's some scary statistics out there. It's our personal choice, you know, and if you're really concerned about your kid, then get them vaccinated and it shouldn't be a problem."

Jim Carrey: “If we are to believe that the ruling of the 'vaccine court' in these cases mean that all vaccines are safe, then we must also consider the rulings of that same court in the Hannah Polling and Bailey Banks cases, which ruled vaccines were the cause of autism and therefore assume that all vaccines are unsafe. Clearly both are irresponsible assumptions, and neither option is prudent.”

Mayim Bialik“We are a non-vaccinating family, but I make no claims about people’s individual decisions. We based ours on research and discussions with our pediatrician, and we’ve been happy with that decision, but obviously there’s a lot of controversy about it.”

Donald Trump
:
 “You know, I have a theory [about the rise in autism diagnoses]. And it’s a theory that some people believe in — and that’s the vaccinations. We never had anything like this. This is now an epidemic. It’s way, way up over the past 10 years. It’s way up over the past two years. And, you know, when you take a little baby that weighs like 12 pounds into a doctor’s office and they pump them with many, many simultaneous vaccinations — I’m all for vaccinations, but I think when you add all of these vaccinations together and then two months later the baby is so different then lots of different things have happened. I really — I’ve known cases.”

Charlie Sheen: 
He doesn’t want people “sticking” his kids. Read this.

Billy Corgan (The Smashing Pumpkins): “If you follow some of the links I have been supplying as of late, you’ll notice many are focused on the propaganda build up to our day of reckoning with the Swine Flu virus. I say ‘propaganda’ because, in my heart, there is something mighty suspicious about declaring an emergency for something that has yet to show itself to be a grand pandemic. American President Obama has declared a national emergency about this virus, which he in his own words said was, at this point, a preventative measure. So, why declare an emergency if there isn’t one?”

Bill Maher: “Why would you let them be the ones to stick a disease into your arm? I would never get a swine flu vaccine or any vaccine. I don’t trust the government, especially with my health.”

Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: There’s a lot going on here.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:54 AM

I'm with The Donald.....my children are only allowed to have one vaccine, every sixty days.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:56 AM
16 moms liked this

Why do I care what celebrities are doing?  That's their choice for their kids,  I'll make the choice I think are best for mine and whether or not someone in Hollywood is doing the same thing has no bearing on my decision! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:57 AM
7 moms liked this
It's five cases they're bitching about, 2 of which started AT THE DOCTOR'S OFFICE... from the vaccine. Idiots, and your fear mongering.
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:59 AM
11 moms liked this
How are Kristin Cavallari and Mayim Bialik "awful anti-vaxers"? They both said it's a personal choice. They made the choice not to vaccinate THEIR kids, but they're not out there spreading nonsense and fear mongering like that moron, Jenny McCarthy.
There's a difference between parents that choose not to vaccinate and anti-vaxers.
Joie35
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:59 AM
2 moms liked this
Their kids, their choice. Just as whether or not I choose to vaccinate MY kids is MY choice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm more worried about illegal disease-infested kids enterting our schools than I am about Jenny McCarthy choosing not to vaccinate her child.

danie24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:01 AM
13 moms liked this

Big scary measles! Run for your lives!

I promise you, those of us who have decided to make an informed decision about the health of our children didn't choose to avoid vaccines because of celebrities. LOL - ridiculous.

Here is one of the many reasons I don't vaccinate for measles.

I am not afraid of a rash, fever and lifetime immunity.

Even at the measles peak around 1920, with a mortality rate of 15 per 100,000, the chance of death was only 0.014%.

THAT doesn't make me want to run out and inject some aluminum, formaldehyde, thimerosal, animal byproducts and cells from aborted fetal tissue into my babies.

It doesn't make me want to risk my child getting neurological disorders, seizure disorders, learning disabilities, Guillain-Barr syndrome, deafness, optic neuritis, transverse myelitis, blood clotting disorders, inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn's disease and immune system disorders (just a FEW of the risks listed on the manufacturer's package insert).

Krysta784
by Dani on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:02 AM
10 moms liked this
I think that Mayim Bailik's opinion should be taken seriously. She is, after all, a real life neurobiologist. She does have a PhD. I think any research she's done is sound.

I did my own research and while I vaccinated my first three kids, by the time my fourth came along, I simply wasn't comfortable with them any more. I started off delaying his vaccines and eventually stopped them all together.

I've never allowed a flu vaccine or any vaccine for stds. My 4 yr old won't be contracting hpv anytime soon.

We've been happy with our decision to stop vaccinating and so far, all of our kids have been relatively healthy. In fact, they get sick so rarely that I forget what to do for them when they are sick.

I won't ever go back to vaccinating. I just don't trust them.
Nutrition_Guru
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:02 AM
2 moms liked this
I only consider one of those credible-and that's the one with the Ph.D.

I don't give vaccines either.
redneckmama4
by Loree on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:04 AM
3 moms liked this
People need to take accountability for their actions. No one should influence you and stars certainly didn't set forth the *anti-vax fad*.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN