Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think SO's ds just played us to stay home from school

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
So and I don't live together but he has a ton of family coming over for dinner tonight and I volunteered to stay over and clean the house while he is at work. Well this morning SO's son (age7 soon to be 8 in three months) said that he didn't feel good that his belly hurt all night long. SO asked him if he went #2 last night and his son said yes. I just had the horrible stomach bug that's going around a week and a half ago and I told him that maybe he isn't faking because he generally looked like he wasn't feeling all too well. It's now 9 am and I asked him if he was starting to feel any better. Doesn't the little stinker tell me, "Yeah maybe you could help me set up that video game you bought me last night." UGH!! Stupid me! I have a six year old girl (her fathers night with her I get her back tomorrow) and I figured I could usually tell when a child is faking but I guess his son is a bit more sly than my girl lol. Anyways I just texted SO at work and told him and he texted me back "lol I kinda figured lol" So should I make him help me clean the house since he claims to be feeling better? WWYD?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:24 AM
2 moms liked this
When my "sick" kids miraculously get better they either get to go to school late an appologise to their teacher for beig late because they lied, or they are my helper for the day and even if a lot of cleaning wasn't on my agenda it just became top priority.
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:25 AM
I wouldn't do anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:25 AM
His tummy could have hurt 3 hours ago when.he got up.for school.

But no I wouldn't make him.clean. nor allow video games
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:25 AM
2 moms liked this

I always let my kids stay home when they were sick - but if they were sick, they had to stay in bed.  No tv, no video games.

They were rarely sick.

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:26 AM

I'd take him to school. Better late than never.

jenerica.
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd put him to work and make him wish he'd gone to school.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Um, yeah. He just wanted to play that game all day.

zeenah
by Zarah on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe he had bad gas? Happened to my brother. Him and my mom went to the ER because he was complaining so bad. Then he lets out a huge fart and says "I feel better mom" lol

"Dance is the poetry of the foot"

PPCLC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:28 AM

Nope, don't do anything.

Let your SO deal with his son when he gets home.

Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:29 AM

I'd still take him to school, just to teach him a lesson.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)