Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think SO's ds just played us to stay home from school

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So and I don't live together but he has a ton of family coming over for dinner tonight and I volunteered to stay over and clean the house while he is at work. Well this morning SO's son (age7 soon to be 8 in three months) said that he didn't feel good that his belly hurt all night long. SO asked him if he went #2 last night and his son said yes. I just had the horrible stomach bug that's going around a week and a half ago and I told him that maybe he isn't faking because he generally looked like he wasn't feeling all too well. It's now 9 am and I asked him if he was starting to feel any better. Doesn't the little stinker tell me, "Yeah maybe you could help me set up that video game you bought me last night." UGH!! Stupid me! I have a six year old girl (her fathers night with her I get her back tomorrow) and I figured I could usually tell when a child is faking but I guess his son is a bit more sly than my girl lol. Anyways I just texted SO at work and told him and he texted me back "lol I kinda figured lol" So should I make him help me clean the house since he claims to be feeling better? WWYD?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:20 AM
Replies (31-31):
rgba
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 3:37 PM
Maybe he wanted to spend the day with you. Be flattered and let it go.

My nephew did the exact same thing when he was around 7. I didn't have kids and was in grad school so was the on call sitter.

He was totally fine, but we had such an awesome day laying around watching cartoons, and he STILL talks about it at 15.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN