Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Today is the day ??(Jeremiah) **EDITED** links to other posts at the bottom **Edit AGAIN*

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:50 AM
  • 16 Replies

Today is the day that we go to court for Jeremiah. He will be transfered from where he is currently (shelter) to a more intense treatment center. I visited him this weekend and he is doing well. Currently his medication is working, but he is still raging out of control when he feels he is not getting his way. He is not using coping skills and is still a danger to himself and others. He understands he cannot come home and will be moved today. It will be hard as he will be 2 hrs from me and I probably will only be able to go down south to see him once a month. I am still not sure what the end goal is, possibly independent living after residential, but that can be done closer to home, and not for over a year. 

Life at home is so much calmer. No one is walking on egg shells, trying not to trigger him. We are all learning how to live again, and I am under so much less stress. We are in a good place mentally and emotionally and all on the same page. hoping and praying he can become stable enough to not need to be there for longer than 18mos (usually the longest for residential). 

Thank you all so much for your kind words and emails. I really appreciate being able to come on here and vent and most of you not judge me.

Here are a few pics from our visit this weekend. As you will tell my 12 yr old dd is not in them, she is not ready to see her brother just yet, and that is her choice.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/19681735/Mental_illness_has_won_EDIT_UPDATE_3_4?next=1

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/19689470/I_refused_to_bring_Jeremiah_home_EDIT_at_bottom?last#replies

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/19695541/A_letter_to_the_judge_from_my_12_yr_old_UPDATE_from_court_2cnd_update?next=1

For even more information from the past 7 yrs you can do a search for Jeremiah on both NC and CM.

He did so great in court today, he really is so much more stable. The place he was at could not handle him though. He will be reevaluated in 6mos and if he is stable and following the program he will come home.

by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
phantomphan
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:52 AM
Good luck. I'm wishing the best for your whole family.
Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:53 AM
I can't imagine how hard this most be for you. It's heartbreaking for the whole family. I hope your son gets the help he needs and I hope your other kids get some counseling as well to help them deal with everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
embrigmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Good luck to you and your family. I hope things continue to improve for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:54 AM
What's the diagnosis
Princesmermaid1
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:54 AM
What is the backstory?
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:57 AM
I really couldn't imagine. I'm sorry.
khrisna1978
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Good luck ...wish you and your family the best !

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:59 AM
Good luck to your family. This must devastate you.
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:00 AM
All of this.

Quoting Miller0305: I can't imagine how hard this most be for you. It's heartbreaking for the whole family. I hope your son gets the help he needs and I hope your other kids get some counseling as well to help them deal with everything.
2and2onway
by Kimmie on Mar. 18, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Aspergers, Bipolar w/ Schitzophrenic tendencies (auditory and visual hallucinations) will be Schitzo-affective disorder after age 17, ADHD, SPD, ODD, PTSD and now looking into RAD behaviors due to early abandonment and abuse from his bio father (1st 3 yrs of life).

Quoting Anonymous: What's the diagnosis

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)