Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

There is NO GOD!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My DH just went on a rant about how there is no God and Organized religion is just a lucrative business and pastors are thieves!

My MIL's Pastor calls himself a Apostle and my DH thinks its ridiculous because he doesn't walk with Jesus!

Note: This is a discussion in his course in college about prayer in School. He feels very strongly about this!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Replies (441-446):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 54 on Mar. 24, 2014 at 8:15 PM
He's real and He's saved my life many times. Most recently from meningitis after the docs said I wouldn't make it past the weekend. I had a dream of sitting in my church choir eating a piece of Communion bread. When I woke up, I remembered a sermon about the healing powers of prayer and the bread so I told my hubby the dream. He called the woman who makes the bread for my church, she made it and sent it over to the hospital. I ate about 3 small pieces, (after 4 days of not keeping down food or water) and the next morning, I was fully conscious and able to eat and drink. The doctor walked in all freaked out. I'd been in the hospice wing of the hospital and they didn't give me a chance. I went home 2 days later.
I still Thank God every day of my life :-)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Mar. 24, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Who was boohooing OTHER THAN YOU? lol I don't pretend my life is perfect.

Quoting dtb-mommy:

Boohoo. Move or get off your ass and do something to better your community. I grew up in a horrible environment. With abusive parents, no electricity, and had terrible things happen to me. I grew up and made my own paradise. And when i see people not as fortunate i help them out. Maybe we would live in a better world if people like you would stop feeling sorry for yourselves and be proactive. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I live in the city with violence, drugs and trash/used condoms on the ground. Out of all my friends and family I have the best house and a good little family. My love my life, but I don't live in perfect paradise. I live in reality..

Quoting dtb-mommy:

par·a·dise

noun \ˈper-ə-ˌdīs, -ˌdīz, ˈpa-rə-\

: a very beautiful, pleasant, or peaceful place that seems to be perfect

: a place that is perfect for a particular activity or for a person who enjoys that activity

: a state of complete happiness

That's the Miriam-Webster definition.

I get to spend my life with people who love me and who i love. I get to enjoy life with them. I get to live in a beautiful place that i stop to appreciate every day. Every day i get to be happy. So yes i do feel like i have found my own paradise. Sorry your life is so shitty that you aren't able to feel the same way. I will go on appreciating my life instead of hoping for some bs afterlife of flying around with the angels. 

Quoting Anonymous:

lmao this is paradise? that's a horrible thing to say? do you know what the word paradise means?

Quoting dtb-mommy:

I think people need to stop and realize that this is our paradise. We should treat everyday like it is a heaven to us. Too many people are focused on their life after death that they are missing what is happening around them.

Quoting harehelper:

LOL Yeah, but I bet santa didn't tell you that if you listen to him he will save your soul and let you live forever in Paradise. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

And santa clause also said if i was bad i would be on the naughty list. :)

Quoting harehelper:

Actually, we completely get it. The Bible already told us how you would see it.

1 Corinthians 1:18 "For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."

Quoting Anonymous:

Religious people don't realize how dumb they sound to non religious people. They are like children who believe in santa. Yes of course god will help you win the lotto. Just like santa will bring you an xbox one for christmas.

dtb-mommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Oookkk. I say that i consider my life a paradise and you bitch about all of the bad things happening around you. And you think it is me who is boohooing? lol. Hugs...not drugs.

drugs animated GIF

Quoting Anonymous:

Who was boohooing OTHER THAN YOU? lol I don't pretend my life is perfect.

Quoting dtb-mommy:

Boohoo. Move or get off your ass and do something to better your community. I grew up in a horrible environment. With abusive parents, no electricity, and had terrible things happen to me. I grew up and made my own paradise. And when i see people not as fortunate i help them out. Maybe we would live in a better world if people like you would stop feeling sorry for yourselves and be proactive. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I live in the city with violence, drugs and trash/used condoms on the ground. Out of all my friends and family I have the best house and a good little family. My love my life, but I don't live in perfect paradise. I live in reality..

Quoting dtb-mommy:

par·a·dise

noun \ˈper-ə-ˌdīs, -ˌdīz, ˈpa-rə-\

: a very beautiful, pleasant, or peaceful place that seems to be perfect

: a place that is perfect for a particular activity or for a person who enjoys that activity

: a state of complete happiness

That's the Miriam-Webster definition.

I get to spend my life with people who love me and who i love. I get to enjoy life with them. I get to live in a beautiful place that i stop to appreciate every day. Every day i get to be happy. So yes i do feel like i have found my own paradise. Sorry your life is so shitty that you aren't able to feel the same way. I will go on appreciating my life instead of hoping for some bs afterlife of flying around with the angels. 

Quoting Anonymous:

lmao this is paradise? that's a horrible thing to say? do you know what the word paradise means?

Quoting dtb-mommy:

I think people need to stop and realize that this is our paradise. We should treat everyday like it is a heaven to us. Too many people are focused on their life after death that they are missing what is happening around them.

Quoting harehelper:

LOL Yeah, but I bet santa didn't tell you that if you listen to him he will save your soul and let you live forever in Paradise. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

And santa clause also said if i was bad i would be on the naughty list. :)

Quoting harehelper:

Actually, we completely get it. The Bible already told us how you would see it.

1 Corinthians 1:18 "For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."

Quoting Anonymous:

Religious people don't realize how dumb they sound to non religious people. They are like children who believe in santa. Yes of course god will help you win the lotto. Just like santa will bring you an xbox one for christmas.

Basherte
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi. There is such a thing as free will. Having said that a statement from a Preacher comes to mind... Nothing happens without god's approval. Satan can't touch those who believe in him and Jesus without the approval of god. So anything bad or good that happens is with god's approval. I don't know of any parent (who truly loves their children) that would allow another being to rape, beat,, kill, or otherwise harm their child(ren). I don't know any parent that would "punish" a child for eternity for one slight no mater how small or large that slight. Even murderers who have given their lives in the death penalty are thought of as having paid for their crimes and then have their bodies treated with respect. This"god" has stated that anyone who doesn't believe or who dies while in sin, will spend eternity in hell.  By the way "hell" is where Satan was thrown to to have reign over. Which is earth where we are.

I think I'll continue in my own religion, instead of putting my faith and love into a that Christian god who is jealous as well.

Quoting sugarcrisp:

Never said I was the only victim. Just that a good 'god' wouldn't allow it. I stand by my beliefs and statements.

Quoting Anonymous: Do you honestly think you are the only person who had their shares of misery? I have but in no way I ever got mad at God, I can't tell you why bad things happen to good people, God rains on the righteous and the not so righteous. I learn to be a survivor and God gives me the strength, I never kicked the bucket and cursed God.
Quoting sugarcrisp:

'Jesus' and 'God' are two different entities.

And if 'he' was so mighty why has NO prayer EVER been answered, EVER? Can you answer why he ALLOWED ME to be sexually assaulted? Why he ALLOWED ME to be molested as a CHILD!?

'It's God's will'? Yeah. God can take his will and fuck off.

Quoting harehelper:

See, there it is again. You are free to make whatever choice you want in your life, to believe or not. I'm sure you do think you were "devout" in the past, whatever that means. But I will gurantee you, if you had known Jesus before, you would not be like this now.

Quoting sugarcrisp:

Right. Because if a person pulls their head out of their ass they never believed. Right.

Quoting harehelper:

I know a lot of people who *think* they are/were devout Christians, when they never knew the difference even while they were in it. If you are able to tell God to go eff off now, then you never knew Him before.

Quoting sugarcrisp:

What do you think a devout Christian is?

They are serious, they fully believe. Of course I believed my prayers would be answered, even when they'd never been answered before.

Quoting harehelper:

Funny, I have been a follower of Jesus for five years, and have had many prayers answered. Did you believe they would be answered when you prayed?

Quoting sugarcrisp:

I was a Christian for many years and never was a prayer answered. 

Let my aunt come out of a coma? Nope. She died.

Let my son's father seek treatment for and recover from addiction? Nope. He worse than ever before.

Have a healthy pregnancy and delivery with my son? Nope. Pre-eclampsia resulting in induction and a stillbirth (and no, 'G-d did not bring him back, the NICU team did).

I could go on and on.

Your 'g-d'? He can go fuck himself.

Quoting Seeker1:

Well I can tell you there is a God, Yahweh, Elohim, Jahova His only Son Jesus Christ* Yehshuah-Joshua came as God/Man to earth to live, die on Calvary then rose again 3 days later was seen by over 500 witnesses and assceded back to the Father until the day He returns as King of kings! I know this because He speaks to me, through me by His Holy Spirit, and I have seen His many works, and wonders that no man could do but only when I prayed to Him it was accomplished by no other way. Wouldn't you rather have a little faith and belive and watch Him work and show you His Love for you and then forever live with no pain, fear, death, sickness than to not believe and then at death find out the truth and be forever without Him and be spereated in torment :( He doesnt want that, He created you, He loves you and He made a way to be with you! It is the best feeling in the world! I am so glad I know Him and have Him! If you do not want Him that is your choice I am not here to argue and will not. I just had to tell you He is just a prayer away :) That is all, Have a great day!

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:05 AM

I have peace. The rapist is in prison for an unrelated crime, the pedophile is dead, and I no longer trust or believe in a being that would allow such horrible things to happen to people, especially children.

I can be at peace and still tell g-d to fuck off.

Quoting Anonymous: In this world you will have problems, so sorry about your situation. I hope you find peace
Quoting sugarcrisp:

Never said I was the only victim. Just that a good 'god' wouldn't allow it. I stand by my beliefs and statements.

Quoting Anonymous: Do you honestly think you are the only person who had their shares of misery? I have but in no way I ever got mad at God, I can't tell you why bad things happen to good people, God rains on the righteous and the not so righteous. I learn to be a survivor and God gives me the strength, I never kicked the bucket and cursed God.
Quoting sugarcrisp:

And if 'he' was so mighty why has NO prayer EVER been answered, EVER? Can you answer why he ALLOWED ME to be sexually assaulted? Why he ALLOWED ME to be molested as a CHILD!?

Quoting harehelper:

See, there it is again. You are free to make whatever choice you want in your life, to believe or not. I'm sure you do think you were "devout" in the past, whatever that means. But I will gurantee you, if you had known Jesus before, you would not be like this now.

Quoting sugarcrisp:

Right. Because if a person pulls their head out of their ass they never believed. Right.

Quoting harehelper:

I know a lot of people who *think* they are/were devout Christians, when they never knew the difference even while they were in it. If you are able to tell God to go eff off now, then you never knew Him before.

Quoting sugarcrisp:

They are serious, they fully believe. Of course I believed my prayers would be answered, even when they'd never been answered before.

Quoting harehelper:

Funny, I have been a follower of Jesus for five years, and have had many prayers answered. Did you believe they would be answered when you prayed?

Quoting sugarcrisp:

Let my son's father seek treatment for and recover from addiction? Nope. He worse than ever before.

Have a healthy pregnancy and delivery with my son? Nope. Pre-eclampsia resulting in induction and a stillbirth (and no, 'G-d did not bring him back, the NICU team did).

I could go on and on.

Quoting Seeker1:

Well I can tell you there is a God, Yahweh, Elohim, Jahova His only Son Jesus Christ* Yehshuah-Joshua came as God/Man to earth to live, die on Calvary then rose again 3 days later was seen by over 500 witnesses and assceded back to the Father until the day He returns as King of kings! I know this because He speaks to me, through me by His Holy Spirit, and I have seen His many works, and wonders that no man could do but only when I prayed to Him it was accomplished by no other way. Wouldn't you rather have a little faith and belive and watch Him work and show you His Love for you and then forever live with no pain, fear, death, sickness than to not believe and then at death find out the truth and be forever without Him and be spereated in torment :( He doesnt want that, He created you, He loves you and He made a way to be with you! It is the best feeling in the world! I am so glad I know Him and have Him! If you do not want Him that is your choice I am not here to argue and will not. I just had to tell you He is just a prayer away :) That is all, Have a great day!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:54 AM

I am glad both of those perps are in jail, sorry you feel that way about God,  cursing him is not the answer, I am sure you are a strong woman, you made it this far.   take it easy

Quoting sugarcrisp:

I have peace. The rapist is in prison for an unrelated crime, the pedophile is in prison, and I no longer trust or believe in a being that would allow such horrible things to happen to people, especially children.

I can be at peace and still tell g-d to fuck off.

Quoting Anonymous: In this world you will have problems, so sorry about your situation. I hope you find peace
Quoting sugarcrisp:

Quoting sugarcrisp:

Quoting harehelper:

Quoting sugarcrisp:

Quoting harehelper:

Quoting sugarcrisp:

Quoting harehelper:

Quoting sugarcrisp:

I could go on and on.

Quoting Seeker1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)