ok so there is what's going on. my husband got orders over seas so the whole family has to move, after months of trying to get everything ready for ourselves and two pets. we where unable to get a spot for them on the plane we are taking out there. so we turned to our so called "family" for temparey homes until we could get them on a plan. however everyone was unable or unwilling to take them im, which is funny because when ever they need something they come to us and we 9/10 times help them out!!
so DH's mom decided she would ask people she knew if they could take in our dog, she posted a sign at her work place with a picture asking if anyone wanted the dog... of course that coused a few problems, because people thought we were GIVEING THE DOG AWAY, which wasnt really the case and even worst they thought the dog was for FREE. which again wasnt the case at all. we are talking about a $1200 dog that we have spent 4 months training and was planning to breed at some point. she is not just a huge investment but also a member of the family. and we are not in the market to just giving her to just anyone.
we had made it or we thought we had made it clear to dh's mother that we needed a tempereary home for her, nothing more. if we did giver her away it would be for no less then $1000, she is a pure breed with papers and we had put a lot of time into her. however his mother misunderstood some how and made arrangments with someone she worked with to take the dog. she even covinced my husband it was a good home, my husband not knowing that the the person thought they were keeping the dog and that they thought it was FREE>
so when we found out the HUGE misunderstanding dh's talked with the guy explaning things, the guy turned around and acted like HE was doing us this huge favor for taking the dog in and started acting like a jerk. he ever made at one point that he works with dh's mom and that he was her bose. so now dh'd fears that if we dont give him the dog, he could couse problems for his mom at work.
the whole things is a mess and i am floored, the guy wont even pay for the dog to be transported to him, so not only do we have to give the dog away but pay out of pocket for the dog to get to him. i am refussing to allow him to have the dog, i have put my foot down. the man is a asshole and i flat out refuse to allow him to take the dog, but hubby says we dont have a choice. he doesnt want to risk his mom losing her job... which is crazy.
the man plans to breed the dog as well, i told hubby that i want one of the puppies if he does. i want a contract stating that we get a puppy for free and that if he doesnt agree then he doent get her. i think that is more then fair, even if we are are the ones who are still getting screwed over in the deal. we are waiting to hear back from him.
i just dont know what to do at this point, its not the money we are losing. WE love this dog, the kids love her they are are going to be heart broken over this, not to mention everthing else...
the cat is going to a temp home, thank goodness we are not lossing him too because that would be it. there is only so much i can take at this point. my stress level is through the roof, i can hardly sleep or eat. i just feel trapped!!
its not that i dont want to move and live in a different country, but everything we have to go through and all the stress from this. i'm the one who has to do everything from the packing to making sure the house is ready to sell when we leave. and then this mess with the dog came up and i just dont know how to handle this anymore.
WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS DO???