Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i don't wanna

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies
Go to dinner with the in-laws tonight. It was dh's birthday last week so "family time". The only thing is I love the place we're eating at. They aren't mean to me outright but I'm very excluded. I've talked to dh about not going but it means so much to him that I go so I sit and eat and say nothing except to ds.

Fill my pages with any family story so I have something to read while there!

Also cuz I bet someone will say something I wouldn't be rude and on my phone if I was included. I spent my first 5 years trying and getting hurt and decided to stop. Dh doesn't care since I did try and his family isn't including me as long as I go.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2014 at 4:15 PM
No-one has any really good or bad stories?
Lavie74
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 4:17 PM

I'm sorry....I've been in that situation before.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2014 at 4:30 PM
Someone entertain me. Remind me that family can be great or make me not feel so bad. I know most people have kid stories!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2014 at 4:32 PM
Thanks. If dh wasnt so amazing I'd not go but he does do everything for me and it means so much to him. I think he hopes it'll change if I keep showing up.

Quoting Lavie74:

I'm sorry....I've been in that situation before.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Mar. 18, 2014 at 4:32 PM
2 moms liked this

I took my daughter to Texas to stay with my husband's father and step-mom for two weeks by myself a year or so ago. I still didn't know them very well, husband couldn't go, and we both felt our daughter should get every chance to see them.

Awkward pick-up at airport with his dad, awkward all the way out of the airport into the car, awkward in the truck and about an hour in, his dad goes:

Man. This is awkward. My name is Keith, nice to meet you!

Ice broken. Forevermore.

Lavie74
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Some people just are very socially akward and have a hard time relating with others....sounds like they have this problem. It sucks. I would be sure to get a phone call and walk out and call a friend for a while or something. Sounds like they wouldn't care anyway. Good luck sweetie. Hugs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2014 at 4:39 PM
That's awesome the ice was broken so quickly. I wish mine had been that easy and funny after.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

I took my daughter to Texas to stay with my husband's father and step-mom for two weeks by myself a year or so ago. I still didn't know them very well, husband couldn't go, and we both felt our daughter should get every chance to see them.

Awkward pick-up at airport with his dad, awkward all the way out of the airport into the car, awkward in the truck and about an hour in, his dad goes:

Man. This is awkward. My name is Keith, nice to meet you!

Ice broken. Forevermore.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Mar. 18, 2014 at 4:41 PM

Me too :(

Well, focus on not taking their attitude personally and focus more on enjoying the meal and interacting with your kidoodle. Bring a color book and crayons and have him color pics for them while you guys wait. It'll be entertaining for both of you and surely they adore their grandbaby.

Quoting Anonymous: That's awesome the ice was broken so quickly. I wish mine had been that easy and funny after.
 photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-7782-1364935841-8.gif
AVE SATANAS!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2014 at 4:42 PM
That's a good plan. I'll make sure a friend will help! They are socially awkward. One time on Easter they broke down an hour away from home and dh's friend left his family and came to get them, they sat the rest of the car ride ignoring his conversation attempts. After awhile the friend stopped trying and he and dh got a good conversation but at least understands when I vent about them.

Quoting Lavie74:

Some people just are very socially akward and have a hard time relating with others....sounds like they have this problem. It sucks. I would be sure to get a phone call and walk out and call a friend for a while or something. Sounds like they wouldn't care anyway. Good luck sweetie. Hugs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2014 at 4:45 PM
They are warm to him otherwise I'd be really upset. I do at least have ds when they aren't including him.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Me too :(

Well, focus on not taking their attitude personally and focus more on enjoying the meal and interacting with your kidoodle. Bring a color book and crayons and have him color pics for them while you guys wait. It'll be entertaining for both of you and surely they adore their grandbaby.

Quoting Anonymous: That's awesome the ice was broken so quickly. I wish mine had been that easy and funny after.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)