Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

House guests

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

My sister will be coming to visit me for the week next week and I cannot stand her kids.  I dont get to see her that often so I do love when I get to spend time with her.  She will be bringing her 2 kids with her who are 3 and 7(next week).  Every single time she visits with her kids, they trash my house, break things and just dont listen.  My daighter ended up with 2 of her DVD's broken among other damaged things.

The almost 7 year old is the worse.  He constantly throws fits when he doesnt get his way, doesnt respect other peoples things, doesnt pick up after himself and he wets himself because he is too lazy to go to the bathroom and still wets the bed (which I know is very common at his age). He sat right on my couch last time he was here and peed on it because he didnt want to stop watchng his movie!  My sister apologized and helped clean it up but it should of never happened to begin with right???  On top of all that, as of last month when they were here, he weighed a whopping 31 lbs.  He seemed to eat fine when he was here and wasnt a picky eater. 

I love my sister to death but how do I tell her that she needs to get on them when they are at someone elses house?  I thought they would be staying at a hotel but she called me this morning asking me if it was OK if they stayed at my house if they paid for the extra food and stuff.  I personally dont want him sleeping on my daughters bed with my daughter and I sure as heck dont want him sleeping on my couch.  I need to find some sort of sleeping arangements for the kids, especially him so nothing gets peed on.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
notuseless
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 5:04 PM

sleeping cot or bag

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly,I'd insist that they stay at a hotel/motel,even if I had to pay for it.If she asked why,I'd tell her all the things you just told us.

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Ugh.  I feel for you.  Our horrible house guest finally left after 9 months. 

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 18, 2014 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

You talk to the children yourself the minute they get there. Lay down rules. Also remove all of your childs special toys so they cannot get broken. And sorry, I can't relate as I love my neices and nephews and delight when they are here.

Nutrition_Guru
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 5:34 PM
I wouldn't allow a kid that acted like that in my house-family or not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 5:35 PM
Same. This is why I'm glad we don't have any spare rooms and a new, reasonably priced hotel down the street.

Quoting Anonymous:

Honestly,I'd insist that they stay at a hotel/motel,even if I had to pay for it.If she asked why,I'd tell her all the things you just told us.

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Mar. 18, 2014 at 5:35 PM

I learned to say NO a long time ago.

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 6:19 PM

I would tell her that until her little brats are housebroken and learn how to treat other people's property, no she is not invited to stay over.  In fact, I wouldn't even want her to visit with her kids.  period.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Thanks everyone for your advice.  At one point next week, I am going to sit down and have a long talk with my sister about how I feel when her kids are at my house.  I have a place to put all my daughters nice toys and DVD's that I dont want broken.  I also bought a cheap sleeping back and a shower curtain to lay on the floor under him.  I am seriously considering tell her to buy him pull ups or diapers or whatever to wear when he is at my house.  I am trying to make plans for the week that will allow us to be out of my house as much as possible.  I have made plans to go to the zoo and aquarium and do alot of sight-seeing.  Maybe if I am lucky, it will tire the kids out and they will be sleeping once we get back home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)