Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mom making daughter come home from a party for not cleaning?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 119 Replies

This weekend I was at a birthday party helping supervise. One girl, we'll call her Sarah, was dropped off by her dad. Approximately 25 minutes into the party, Sarah's mom showed up and said "Sarah, I told you you needed to have your dolls cleaned up before you came to the party, and you've had all week to do it. Let's go."

On Monday at school she told my daughter that her mom made her clean up all her Barbies (they were all over the floor of her bedroom), put them in a bag, drove them to Goodwill with her and grounded her. Does this seem harsh to you? They're only 7. What do you think of picking her up at the party?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Her hous, her rules
ABCMomma0211
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:23 PM
3 moms liked this

no, it would've just waited until after the party....and then she would've been grounded.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:24 PM
Yea that seems way to harsh
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:24 PM
Sounds harsh.
notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:24 PM
Well sounds like she knew she was supposed to pick them up, nothing wrong with mom punishing for that
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:25 PM
15 moms liked this

The daughter didnt listen after being repeatedly asked.  I say way to go Mom for being a real parent and giving consequences!

lenashark
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:25 PM

I would have gone to get her too. You don't follow the rules, you aren't going fun activities, that's how it works in my house. I let my son know that if he wants to go to parties, his room needs to be clean, he's six and it's never been a problem. 

Shadowed_Star
by Neko‚̧Wolf on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:25 PM
So she threw them all out! This is harsh
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think it's harsh. If she's has been telling her all week it needs cleaned up before she went to the party (and gave her ample time to do it) and the little girl chose not to then she deserves the punishment. I sounds like she forwarded her that it would happen if she didn't do what she was supposed to.
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this
That totally sounds like something I'd do. Sarah knew the rules.....she suffered the consequence.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)