Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

McDonalds hires morons

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Last time my dh went to McDonalds, they screwed up his order. I called them and they said they would replace the 20 piece nuggets they didn't give us next time we came in.

Well I went today and ordered 2 20 piece nuggets at the drive thru. I got to the Window and explained about the free 20 piece. The mgr verified and said ok. They were going to charge me for 2 20 piece nuggets and give me a 3rd for free. I only wanted 2 20 pieces and had to explain it over and over to the kid at the window.

Finally he gets it and I pay for 1 of the 20 pieces. I go to the 2nd window and the girl hands me a big bag and says here's your 3 twenty piece nuggets. I again tried to explain it was only supposed to be 2 but they just didn't get it.

They finally said just take the 3 twenty pieces, so I did. Their stupidity got me extra nuggets.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:57 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this

One the food is prepared and you touched it they cannot resell/re-serve it so that's probably why they didn't take it back.

MariannLws
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:12 PM

Lesson learned here do not use the drive thru. You will always get screwed using the drive thru. lol 

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:12 PM
Our mcdonalds sucks. They always mess up our order and they force us to "park" while we wait for the food. We're on a boycott right now.
momof2girls220
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:13 PM
Then dont go to mcdonalds. Simple.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Man, I experienced some crazy shit while working there. Customers can be really assholes. Really, just because I work behind the counter doesn't mean I want to take your shitty abuse.

Oh and just know, if you're a dick your food may well be picked up off the floor a couple of times before you get it. Just saying...

Quoting mommyrustina:

Lol, this! 

While yes, there are some incredibly stupid employees, I would say that customers are the cause of incorrect or problematic orders moreso than the employees. 

Quoting Danesmommy1: I worked at McDonald's in my teens. Customers are morons too.

caligirl7613
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:13 PM
Well we went to eat at macaroni grill and the same thing basically happened.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:13 PM
I hadn't touched it. I stopped reaching for the bag when she said 3 twenty piece.

Quoting Anonymous:

One the food is prepared and you touched it they cannot resell/re-serve it so that's probably why they didn't take it back.

mommytoacloud
by Angel on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:15 PM
I'd eat a 20pc myself

Quoting Anonymous: Good lord, how many people are you feeding?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:16 PM
You get what you pay for. McDonalds doesn't pay enough for anyone with half a brain to work there.
Mom2jngnc
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Most of my issues were customers with issues...... 
I always loathed the ones who cut me off when i repeated their order to them (I worked at a rest area so i had to hear people over idling diesel trucks) then come up and complain if something was wrong. 

Quoting mommyrustina:

Lol, this! 

While yes, there are some incredibly stupid employees, I would say that customers are the cause of incorrect or problematic orders moreso than the employees. 

Quoting Danesmommy1: I worked at McDonald's in my teens. Customers are morons too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)