Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

McDonalds hires morons

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Last time my dh went to McDonalds, they screwed up his order. I called them and they said they would replace the 20 piece nuggets they didn't give us next time we came in.

Well I went today and ordered 2 20 piece nuggets at the drive thru. I got to the Window and explained about the free 20 piece. The mgr verified and said ok. They were going to charge me for 2 20 piece nuggets and give me a 3rd for free. I only wanted 2 20 pieces and had to explain it over and over to the kid at the window.

Finally he gets it and I pay for 1 of the 20 pieces. I go to the 2nd window and the girl hands me a big bag and says here's your 3 twenty piece nuggets. I again tried to explain it was only supposed to be 2 but they just didn't get it.

They finally said just take the 3 twenty pieces, so I did. Their stupidity got me extra nuggets.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:57 PM
Replies (31-40):
Nutrition_Guru
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:17 PM
I wouldn't complain about free chicken nuggets.

Well, *I* would cause they're gross, but whatever.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

throwing up

Quoting mommytoacloud: I'd eat a 20pc myself
Quoting Anonymous: Good lord, how many people are you feeding?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:18 PM
So they are the morons because they kept trying to give you free food? Yeah that makes sense. Next time stop being a bitch about and take the damn food.
Bubsy
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

So one McDonald's store messes up your order, and now everyone who works at McDonald's everywhere is a moron? Crazy generalizations like that make me legitimately sick to my stomach. Of course McDonald's hires morons, so does nearly every other business that exists. There is a shortage of jobs, and an abundance of morons. 

ProudMommy_1034
by 2lilboogers on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:20 PM
First of all why would you be dumb and go through the drive thru for that? Second of all shut up and be thankful for the extra nuggets.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:20 PM
I'm not complaining about that. I was just trying to be honest and they couldn't comprehend that.

Quoting Nutrition_Guru: I wouldn't complain about free chicken nuggets.

Well, *I* would cause they're gross, but whatever.
mommyrustina
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Back in my McDonald's years, I would have just given you the twenty piece as well. The idea is to make the customer as happy as possible in the least amount of time possible. Taking the nugget box out of the bag would have added a few seconds to the drive thru time (the times are EXTREMELY important) and you had already been given a hard time while trying to fulfill a replacement order so it would just be easier to give you the extra twenty piece while at the same time hopefully making you a bit happier  :)

Quoting Anonymous: I hadn't touched it. I stopped reaching for the bag when she said 3 twenty piece.
Quoting Anonymous:

One the food is prepared and you touched it they cannot resell/re-serve it so that's probably why they didn't take it back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Careful with the name calling your children might work for McDonald's. 

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:24 PM
Pretty much. They couldn't take the nuggets back anyway once the customer received the bag. I mean, they could, but they would just throw them away.

Quoting mommyrustina:

Back in my McDonald's years, I would have just given you the twenty piece as well. The idea is to make the customer as happy as possible in the least amount of time possible. Taking the nugget box out of the bag would have added a few seconds to the drive thru time (the times are EXTREMELY important) and you had already been given a hard time while trying to fulfill a replacement order so it would just be easier to give you the extra twenty piece while at the same time hopefully making you a bit happier  :)

Quoting Anonymous: I hadn't touched it. I stopped reaching for the bag when she said 3 twenty piece.

Quoting Anonymous:

One the food is prepared and you touched it they cannot resell/re-serve it so that's probably why they didn't take it back.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fluffball80
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:25 PM

When I worked in drive thru at McDonald's I would do that all the time just to get the person out of the drive thru.  Just take the food, say "thank you", and be on your way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)