Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Newborns, Toddlers and Teens

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:13 PM
  • 52 Replies
When it comes to kids, Ive heard people complain about newborns, the terrible 2s and teenagers as being the "worst" age. I dont have teens yet, but actually I liked my kids when they were newborns. Sure I was sleepy, but they were asleep most of the day. And 2 yr olds can be a challenge, but I didnt think my kids were that bad at that age.
My youngest is 5 months old and I remember thinking age 4-6 months was the "worst" with my other 2 kids as well. Theyre clingy at this age, want to be entertained every minute theyre awake, went from napping most of the day to 1-2× a day tops, & honestly the games we play are boring, lol. I swear im sick of peek-a-boo and while he thinks rolling a ball back and forth for half an hour is the time of his life, I cant wait to switch it up. I swear Candyland has never looked so good! LOL
What age do you think is the "worst"?
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:15 PM
3 moms liked this
Ages 10 until they move the fuck out.
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:16 PM
I think the worst is toddlerhood in general. The time when they throw every book off the bookcase and while you're cleaning it up they're climbing on the table and trying to fly. I can handle mouthy kids and screaming kids....but chasing the ninja kids wear me out.
ZelisMommy
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this
LMAO.
This made me laugh until I realized all 3 of mine still have to go through this stage :-/

Quoting bmw29: Ages 10 until they move the fuck out.
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:17 PM
I just told my 16 yo I couldnt wait for him to move out. He pretended to be horribly offended.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:17 PM
I only have a one year old. But he didn't sleep all day. He slept every few hours then was up. Including at night.

My DH has teens. If say the worst age is teen girl.
supermama322
by Kaylee on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this
So far, I haven't experienced the "worst stage" with my kiddos. I've loved every stage!
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Toddler age. I could pull my hair out thinking about it. I love the newborn, 6+ age, and teen ages.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Damn ninja kids! Lol!

Quoting almondpigeon: I think the worst is toddlerhood in general. The time when they throw every book off the bookcase and while you're cleaning it up they're climbing on the table and trying to fly. I can handle mouthy kids and screaming kids....but chasing the ninja kids wear me out.
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I asked my 12 year old if he would consider finding a job and an apartment soon. LOL

Quoting almondpigeon: I just told my 16 yo I couldnt wait for him to move out. He pretended to be horribly offended.

bakerytreatz16
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:18 PM
I have an 11 week old and one who turns two in 3 weeks.
I got lucky and both were great newborns. Dd2 is still sleeping 24/7 and only really cries when see gassy. She doesn't cry when she's hungry, when she's hungry she sucks on her hand lol

And dd1 is good too. She doesn't mess, or throw tantrums. But she's developing a teenaged attitude -_- I think the terrible twos are coming on
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN