Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"You're looking for reasons to have anxiety"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
My doctor diagnosed me with anxiety just over two years ago, it started after losing my baby one month before my due date. My anxiety comes and goes and I am very sensitive to stress. My doctor wanted me to go in for a check up today and I told him id been having some anxiety and panic attacks but couldn't seem to see a reason for why. He tells me "you seem to look for reason to have anxiety" that is not true, I would give anything not to. I am in therapy, I take my meds, I do relaxation methods and sometimes I still can't prevent it. This doctor was the one who diagnosed me when I didn't want to admit that I had it and knows my situation fairly well. I just felt like venting and for anyone who wants to say "it's a choice stop feeling sorry for yourself" I don't chose this, I chose not to have it and it's a struggle dealing with it sometimes

Thanks for reading
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:27 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss.

Your doctor needs to retake a bedside manners class. You have a reason to have anxiety and he knows that. Is he usually like that or was be maybe having a bad day.
amber710
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:28 PM
Having anxiety as a typical state and being anxious for no meaningful reason is pretty much the definition of generalized anxiety disorder. If your therapist and psychiatrists aren't supportive and trying to treat you until you feel well then you need to do some research about the issues you're having and find a second opinion.
beethann
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:31 PM

WTF?? That is so messed up. I too have anxiety and I really can't pinpoint why. I know that if plans just suddenly change on me it causes me to have an anxiety. Also going out seems to set me off in an attack, which is really weird because I am a social person. But lately whenever I leave the house, here comes my attacks! I also saw a therapist who diagnosed me with MDD...major depressive disorder. I admit I have some depression..but it's not like I'm wanting to kill myself! Doctor's are wack! that's what it comes down too!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:36 PM
Thank you.And no never like that before, he usually takes the time to explain things and come up with techniques for me to try but today I just felt like he was sick of dealing with it

Quoting MichLW69: I'm very sorry for your loss.

Your doctor needs to retake a bedside manners class. You have a reason to have anxiety and he knows that. Is he usually like that or was be maybe having a bad day.
HippieMomma08
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:36 PM
That's awful. I'm lucky that my doctor has been really supportive of my decisions as far as treating and managing my anxiety. I would be looking for a new doctor if I were you. Anxiety is not a choice and those are clearly the words of some one who has bo idea what it's like to feel such overwhelming dread and the panic of having no idea why.
imakehimscream
by He screams on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:38 PM
I'm sorry :(. I have very bad social anxiety and it takes me a lot just to leave the house. I'm on kiliopin for it.
DonnaNoble
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:41 PM
I agree. OP, I'm very sorry for your loss

Quoting amber710: Having anxiety as a typical state and being anxious for no meaningful reason is pretty much the definition of generalized anxiety disorder. If your therapist and psychiatrists aren't supportive and trying to treat you until you feel well then you need to do some research about the issues you're having and find a second opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:45 PM
Dh said to find a new doctor so I plan on looking around and finding someone else to help, thank you for being so understanding. I absolutely hate that this is apart of my life and would do almost anything not to be this way

Quoting amber710: Having anxiety as a typical state and being anxious for no meaningful reason is pretty much the definition of generalized anxiety disorder. If your therapist and psychiatrists aren't supportive and trying to treat you until you feel well then you need to do some research about the issues you're having and find a second opinion.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:45 PM

You need therapy not meds.  You need to learn to deal. Life IS full of crap and good things too.  NO one escapes the bad stuff happening. Nothing YOU go thru has not been gone thru by a lot of others.   And no one gets out alive.

Yes, you just need to learn to LIVE as long as you are alive.   It only a short time and you miss out with the needless worry. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:46 PM
I've been starting to feel the same way. I have a girls night out this weekend and I haven't been out for so long that instead of looking forward to it I'm actually very nervous. What things do you find help with your anxiety?

Quoting beethann:

WTF?? That is so messed up. I too have anxiety and I really can't pinpoint why. I know that if plans just suddenly change on me it causes me to have an anxiety. Also going out seems to set me off in an attack, which is really weird because I am a social person. But lately whenever I leave the house, here comes my attacks! I also saw a therapist who diagnosed me with MDD...major depressive disorder. I admit I have some depression..but it's not like I'm wanting to kill myself! Doctor's are wack! that's what it comes down too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)