Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

BC question.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

I've had merina for four years now. I got it when I was 22 because I went to three doctors and they all refused to do a tubal. I have a 7 year old dd and a 9 year old sdd. I can't have any more kids. I would love to have another but physically I can not handle another pregnancy. I take several pain management medications that would not mix with pregnancy and I can't stop talking or I end up in the hospital in so much pain I can't function. So no more kids. For years hasn't changed my diagnosis in the last. In fact I'm worse. Now that I'm over 25 I can have something more done. My question is what do y'all suggest. Either a tubal our the essure procedure? I didn't consider essure before because it was so new. But I've heard both good and bad things about both. I have an appointment Thursday to talk to a new gynecologist. I'm doing my own research but I want personal opinions please.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Sorry, I have no suggestions, but here's a bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:32 PM
I decided on Essure. Simpler procedure (office visit over hospital surgery) and onceyou confirm that it's been successful there's pretty much no chance of ever getting pregnant. Whereas there's a higher (although still very small) failure rate with a tubal.
To me Essure had more upsides. You'll find plenty of internet horror stories about both, but no surgery and a lower failure rate it for me.
Lavie74
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:33 PM

what is Merina?

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:33 PM

I had Essure done and loved it when I had it. Good luck!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:36 PM

It's an iud that's good for 5 years. 

Quoting Lavie74:

what is Merina?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Quoting Anonymous: I decided on Essure. Simpler procedure (office visit over hospital surgery) and onceyou confirm that it's been successful there's pretty much no chance of ever getting pregnant. Whereas there's a higher (although still very small) failure rate with a tubal. To me Essure had more upsides. You'll find plenty of internet horror stories about both, but no surgery and a lower failure rate it for me.

The no recovery time has been the biggest up side I can see. I'm a caregiver for my husband who had ptsd. I can't be laid out. It's what I've been leaving toward. 

Lavie74
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Lavie74:

what is Merina?

Oh....well I'm not sure what the best thing to do is because my body reacts very poorly to all bc meds, so for me I'd have to get the tubal. Though that can send you into early perimenapause. Lucky for me my DH has a vasectomy. But you're doing the right thing by doing your research and seeing your doc. Good luck with everything...hugs

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Quoting Lavie74:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Lavie74:

what is Merina?

Oh....well I'm not sure what the best thing to do is because my body reacts very poorly to all bc meds, so for me I'd have to get the tubal. Though that can send you into early perimenapause. Lucky for me my DH has a vasectomy. But you're doing the right thing by doing your research and seeing your doc. Good luck with everything...hugs

Thanks. My insurance covers everything. His doesn't so I get to do this. And he will get his done if we ever get him better insurance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:01 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2014 at 12:00 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)