Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My grandma please pray for her

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
She is one determined woman. She is my step grandma but treats me like I'm her bio grand daughter.

A lil background info on my parents my mom married, my stepdad in 1997 after meeting in 1993, and even though they haven't really gotten along him and his family have never turned their backs on me. Whenever I need them they are there.

Anyway, last week on Tuesday my grandma had a stroke, she picked up my little cousins from school and took them home. Then she drove herself home AFTER she had already had the stroke. She didn't realize it had already happend.

She ended up being hospitalized from Tuesday until Friday of last week now she is in rehab trying to get better.

I took my daughter to see her after my ob appointment and the second she saw us she started crying. We were there for a few hours visiting her and she was happy to see us.

I've been so worried about her that I haven't really been able to sleep and my daughter has been asking about great grandma Shirley.

My bio dad even called while we were there and when I told him where we were he asked what was going on with her and my step dad(my bio dad and stepdad are close).

My family needs good vibes and prayers please. My stepdad was hospitalized as well but he is ok and home.

I told my aunt it's a blessing she made it home after having the stroke while picking up my little cousins from school.

Again please pray for my family we would appreciate it thank you.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:47 PM
Bump
HetherElizabeth
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:48 PM
I will pray for you and your family!
riverbabe
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:49 PM
prayers
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:49 PM
Praying for you.
imakehimscream
by He screams on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:50 PM
I'm sorry prayers
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:50 PM
I will keep her and your family in my prayers. Saturday my grandma would have been 98. I miss her terribly. I want to adopt a grandma.
Schmoopi
by QueenOfAllThings on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:51 PM
Done.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:56 PM
Thank you I'm sitting in the tub crying thinking about her. it kills me to know she will never be the same, she is an amazing person for loving and accepting me and my kids as her grandchild and great grandchildren.

My aunt has cp as well(we both have it) and she is the one carring for my grandma and sitting at the rehab center from morning until night. My grandma calls me and my daughter her girls.

Quoting HetherElizabeth: I will pray for you and your family!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:00 PM
Thank you all so much she's the glue on my stepdads side of our family. Today I was able to watch her stand and it made me cry. My aunt is getting everything on video because she misses grandma so much.
holyhoola
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:03 PM
Prayers sent
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)