Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Edit** Pregnant ... In awful pain. ...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies
I've been going to a chiropractor for over a month now ... He says I have intercostal neuritis .... My T9 vertebrae popped out of place and my chiropractor has popped it back into place 5 times now but it continues to slip back out of place within a day or 2 of seeing him ....
It is such an awful pain and keeps me constantly fighting tears .... I'm currently 28wks prego and working 50hrs a week .... I literally fight tears the entire time I'm at work and when I get home I instantly lay on my heat pad and that's where I stay till I have to get up for work the next day. =\
My OB doctor is very strict and tells me all he can tell me to take for pain is Tylenol .... Which does absolutely nothing =\ I have no choice but to continue working and can NOT work without some type if pain relief .... My mom recently gave me a handful of loritabs .... I've been prescribed them during pregnancy in the past but I had a different doctor with my past 3 pregnancies. ..... I haven't said anything to my doc about taking them cause i know he doesn't approve .... But the pain in debilitating ..... I can't do anything besides lay on a heat pad without taking one .... I'm IN NO WAY abusing them. .... I take a half pill 2 or 3 times a day when I'm at work ... Sometimes only 1 it just depends on how many hours I work that day .....
I'm not even sure why I'm posting this ..... I guess in hopes of advise or a way of lessening the pain without help of a pill ..... I'm just in such pain I don't know what to do =\
Please no judging or harsh responses .... Honestly just looking for help or advise =\

Went to my doctor this morning.... Was there waiting for him when his office opened. ....
He ended up giving me Tylenol 3 .... I had never taken it before .....I took 1 at noon today and another around 5:30 .... Needless to say I think my back hurt worse today than it has at all since it started hurting =\ I don't know what I am supposed to do now. =\ I NEEEEED to work but seriously don't know if my back can handle workin in this type of pain for another 2 months. =\
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:58 PM
Somebody please read and respond I am feeling guilty for doing anything behind my doctors back but really don't know what else to do .... Advise please!! =\
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:26 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:28 PM
My ob gave me Tylenol with codeine
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:31 PM
Can your OB refer you to an orthopedist or a physical therapist?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:31 PM
While pregnant ?? How far along prego ?

Quoting Anonymous: My ob gave me Tylenol with codeine
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:32 PM
Yep I was probably 4 months. He also said when I have another I can take my lortabs when I need them for my kidney pain

Quoting Anonymous: While pregnant ?? How far along prego ?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:33 PM
My OB had my doctor prescribe me Robitussin with codeine when I was deathly ill at the end of my pregnancy, about 36 weeks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:35 PM
?? He knows I'm hurtin and hasn't said anything bout it. .... But would a physical therapist really help with a vertebra out of place ??

Quoting Anonymous: Can your OB refer you to an orthopedist or a physical therapist?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:36 PM
One ob gave my friend no tuss

Quoting Anonymous: My OB had my doctor prescribe me Robitussin with codeine when I was deathly ill at the end of my pregnancy, about 36 weeks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:38 PM
I'm not a doctor so I have no idea. But back and neck issues are treated by orthopedists. It doesn't hurt to see if you can get an appointment with one

Quoting Anonymous: ?? He knows I'm hurtin and hasn't said anything bout it. .... But would a physical therapist really help with a vertebra out of place ??

Quoting Anonymous: Can your OB refer you to an orthopedist or a physical therapist?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN