Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Job Corps?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
Anyone have any experience with this?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Bump?
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:12 PM
What do you want to know?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:15 PM
What the experience is like, basically. My dd is going for orientation Friday.

Quoting peanutsmommy1: What do you want to know?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:19 PM
It sucks! There is so much drama in the dorms. I can't get a job in the trade that I went for. It's basically like high school except for the fact that the student lives on campus instead of at home. The only good thing I got out of it was meeting my husband.
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this
My son was going to go but what he wanted to do wasn't available for his age. In the end I was glad he didn't go after different things I had heard. Didn't sound like there is as much supervision as you would think.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:36 PM
That sucks. Was there bullying and such?

Quoting Anonymous: It sucks! There is so much drama in the dorms. I can't get a job in the trade that I went for. It's basically like high school except for the fact that the student lives on campus instead of at home. The only good thing I got out of it was meeting my husband.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:41 PM
Not so much bullying that I can remember. There were cliques, just like in high school. Females trying to steal other females boyfriends, jealousy over different things. The one I attended had a 3:1 male to female ratio.

In a way, it is good for minors who dropped out of high school, but as an adult with a hs diploma it just wasn't worth it.

Quoting Anonymous: That sucks. Was there bullying and such?

Quoting Anonymous: It sucks! There is so much drama in the dorms. I can't get a job in the trade that I went for. It's basically like high school except for the fact that the student lives on campus instead of at home. The only good thing I got out of it was meeting my husband.
chiefsfan91
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:43 PM
My brother went and said it was terrible. Joliet Is where he went. They couldn't leave and they couldn't have anything Sharp, etc. Like prison.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:48 PM
I went , yes theres tons of bullying. These kids are from low income families and nothing against low income but there's alot of drugs , and gang activity. Also its like a big breeding ground.

Quoting Anonymous: That sucks. Was there bullying and such?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Lol. Both my dd and I went to Job Corps.

I am Mother of the Year!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN