Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Job Corps?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
Anyone have any experience with this?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Bump?
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:12 PM
What do you want to know?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:15 PM
What the experience is like, basically. My dd is going for orientation Friday.

Quoting peanutsmommy1: What do you want to know?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:19 PM
It sucks! There is so much drama in the dorms. I can't get a job in the trade that I went for. It's basically like high school except for the fact that the student lives on campus instead of at home. The only good thing I got out of it was meeting my husband.
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this
My son was going to go but what he wanted to do wasn't available for his age. In the end I was glad he didn't go after different things I had heard. Didn't sound like there is as much supervision as you would think.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:36 PM
That sucks. Was there bullying and such?

Quoting Anonymous: It sucks! There is so much drama in the dorms. I can't get a job in the trade that I went for. It's basically like high school except for the fact that the student lives on campus instead of at home. The only good thing I got out of it was meeting my husband.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:41 PM
Not so much bullying that I can remember. There were cliques, just like in high school. Females trying to steal other females boyfriends, jealousy over different things. The one I attended had a 3:1 male to female ratio.

In a way, it is good for minors who dropped out of high school, but as an adult with a hs diploma it just wasn't worth it.

Quoting Anonymous: That sucks. Was there bullying and such?

Quoting Anonymous: It sucks! There is so much drama in the dorms. I can't get a job in the trade that I went for. It's basically like high school except for the fact that the student lives on campus instead of at home. The only good thing I got out of it was meeting my husband.
chiefsfan91
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:43 PM
My brother went and said it was terrible. Joliet Is where he went. They couldn't leave and they couldn't have anything Sharp, etc. Like prison.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:48 PM
I went , yes theres tons of bullying. These kids are from low income families and nothing against low income but there's alot of drugs , and gang activity. Also its like a big breeding ground.

Quoting Anonymous: That sucks. Was there bullying and such?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Lol. Both my dd and I went to Job Corps.

I am Mother of the Year!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)