Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Spin off: How did your SO react when you told him you were pregnant?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
With #1: said 'Aw, fuck!' and dropped his head in his hands.

With #2: pumped his fists in the air and said "YES!!"

With #3: laid flat on the floor and laughed uproariously.

Yours?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:05 PM
Replies (11-20):
kcmsmommy24
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:13 PM
He nearly fainted. No joke, then asked me how did it happen? I said god empregnated me Jake, I'm pregnant with the new Jesus. Je didn't believe me, wonder why.. lol
Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:14 PM

He was happy all 3 times, even though I wasn't too excited at 1st about a 3rd.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:15 PM
First time he cryed with joy. Second shock, disbelief then happy.
wamom223
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:16 PM

We'd been trying for years so at first he picked me up and swung me around before throwing all the food he made in containers(before we got to eat it) to run to the store to pick up more tests.  He made me take four tests that night and I have to admit after all those years of getting negatives it was pretty fun to see all those positives.  My sister came over and she said it was amazing to watch us just look at each other and smile and giggle.  

Raine_Dance
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:16 PM
1st: freaked out
2nd: I hope it's a girl
3rd: we both freaked out
sillytroll
by Teehee on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:17 PM

With number one, he was scared and nervous but excited. With number two, he was crazy excited and very happy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:18 PM

We'd been together for 10 years and after my daughter was born I was told I'd be lucky to have more. So my dh was speechless and bewildered, lol. He was also surprised by how excited he was. My daughter was 5 when he and I met and he's an amazing dad but he did not think he wanted to do the whole baby thing. I didn't want to either. We were all pretty pleasantly surprised by how pleased we were :)

Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:20 PM

I found out with my 1st while out of state visiting family and kept it a secret for 4 days (aka an eternity) so that I could tell DH in person, I didn't tell any of my family because I wanted to tell him 1st. It was so hard!

Quoting Anonymous: Hahahaha I had to tell my fiance over the phone because I was in another state visiting my best friend.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Silence each time, followed by "What do you want to do?"  Yeah neither of were excited about it either time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:26 PM
Well, he'd been begging me for years to get pregnant, but I wanted to wait until I was in a certain place financially first. When I finally got pregnant and called him at work because I couldn't wait until he got home, he said, "Yeah, I figured." It was a very lonely pregnancy and a lonely two years of taking care of and supporting the baby on my own before I left. Turns out that the thought of being a parent and parenting wasn't as appealing as he'd thought. His social life was more important.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)