Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Spin off: How did your SO react when you told him you were pregnant?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
With #1: said 'Aw, fuck!' and dropped his head in his hands.

With #2: pumped his fists in the air and said "YES!!"

With #3: laid flat on the floor and laughed uproariously.

Yours?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:05 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:02 PM

I had fertility treatments with both my kids, so I didn't catch DH totally off-guard either time. LOL!

With #1, I tested at about 6am on a Sunday morning (before my beta at the doc's office) and it came back positive in about a half a second. DH had just woken up and was going in to the bathroom as I was coming out. I shoved the stick in his face and said "Look, I'm pregnant!" (we had been trying for YEARS at this point). He looked at me, totally bewildered, and goes "What?" It took a minute for him to a) wake up and b) process what I was telling him. After that he just gave me a big hug. We still joke about his initial response!

For #2 - much less eventful. I was certain that the frozen embryo transfer hadn't worked. It was our first attempt at getting pregnant again and I didn't have high hopes. I was given a potential success rate of 10-15%. I was so sure it hadn't worked that I didn't even test before returning to the fertility doc. Sure enough, the nurse calls me at work to tell me that the bloodwork shows I'm pregnant. I nearly dropped the phone. I ran out to my car as fast as I could because I didn't want my co-workers to know (yet) and called DH. I told him the news and his response? "Eh, I knew it would work the first time around. I'm not surprised." What a killjoy! Honestly, though, he was just as thrilled as I was (though not nearly as surprised!).

MooreBoysMama
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:05 PM
1st: I told him I was late. He asked me where I was goin?

2nd: He said "good" and kept playing with our son.
BibliophileMom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:11 PM
Funny story actually..HE told ME..

I worked in a doctors office. My DH and I had been dating for 5 months and we lived together. The week before I found out I was pregnant, we had nursing students come in to follow the doctor and to learn phlebotomy tips. At the end of teaching, I allowed one of them to draw my blood for practice. Had the blood, so I figured, ah wth? I'll send it out to do a general CBC scan and all that. A week later...

The manager of the office was my moms best lifelong friend. She got to the office an hour early that day to go through results and file them and came across mine. She freaked and while some might be like wtf?! she had no right, I honestly never got mad because we are all very very close like that, but she called my mom because I wasn't answering my cell! I was in the shower, DH and I had had our first feud that morning. So, my mom calls my DH and tells HIM! So, he comes in the bathroom and was like "Honey, I love you and I'm sorry we fought, but you can't stay mad at me forever because we're going to have a baby!"

Nothing can explain the total shock I was in. It didn't even register til I got to work and read the results and I busted out crying.

In the end, everything turned out wonderful and it's something to look back on that HE got to tell ME lol :)

Second time was 4 months after giving birth to our first. We both watched the lines appear on the test and we both just said OMG...and sat in stunned silence for I think an hour lol but then he was really happy
littlesheep7
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:15 PM
He said something like "Omg! Omg really!?"

My boyfriend, hopefully husband by then, will be sooo excited.
kcmsmommy24
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:38 PM
I wonder what kind of sex ed he got lol

Quoting Anonymous:
Quoting kcmsmommy24: He nearly fainted. No joke, then asked me how did it happen? I said god empregnated me Jake, I'm pregnant with the new Jesus. Je didn't believe me, wonder why.. lol

How did that happen.....that is hilarious.
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 2:52 AM

#1--Almost put the pregnancy test in his mouth because he thought it was a thermometer.

#2--Walked in as I was about to show my Mom the test and was wondering what it was

#3--realized why I took the night off from work

*He was happy because all were planned so it wasnt any surprises when he found out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:58 AM
#1 How much do you need?
#2 Is it mine?
#3 Not again
#4 you're a whore!
#5 We need a coat hanger.
TwoMomsAndBabyM
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 4:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I was the one who was told. She put a pacifier on my key chain before I went to work,I didn't notice it until I was up the road. I called her back and just screamed hysterically into the phone. it was the best day of my life!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 4:33 AM

#1- He asked if I was serious, then grinned like the Cheshire cat for a few hours.

#2- He said, "Wow. That didn't take long." (We were trying)

#3- He asked if I was serious and then shook his head for a few hours. (Our 2nd was only 6 months old and we didn't really want any more.)

ladytweet
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 4:36 AM

#1 ; i knew it 

#2 ; "that secind line is really light...... i want a girl :( 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN