Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you marry an autistic man? or have children?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
If you meet an autistic man, would that withhold you from marrying or having children with you?
This is for if you're perfectly sane.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 4:35 AM
Replies (281-284):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2014 at 9:47 AM
My DD is just figuring out speech and not functional speech but speaking clearly. She may not gain functional speech but we hold on to hope that she will.

We still have several years before leaving our home is even thought about. Right now, 6 almost 7 years old, I can only hope that she gains enough skills to be a functional adult, married or kids seems too far off to consider.

Quoting AylinsMom:

MY daughter has high functioning autism. I understand how you can think that from time to time BUT you are her best advocate and you must stay positive. Just get her into as many social learning experiences as possible. Believe that she can succeed.

Quoting Anonymous: My DD (6) is autistic and I have a hard one imagine her getting married. She is on the mild end of the autism spectrum and has come a long way already so who knows what her future holds.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2014 at 9:55 AM
Possibly. My husband has an obsessive compulsive personality and he's very socially awkward and shy. As he gets older he has learned to adjust and has gotten better at social situations. He however is brilliant, he's the smartest man I know! He's in the military and it's the perfect environment for him to excel (structure, routine, etc). He can read a book and memorize it so he's advanced through the ranks pretty fast. We've been married 10 years so even though I'm better at social things I wouldn't say he's a liability or that I'm better than him AT ALL even though he's not "normal". Does that make since? He has a good heart and he's mostly a good husband and a great dad.
skittleshawk
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 9:57 AM
Nope I have issues I need my man to be the Sane non disabled one.i won't date a guy with adhd or cerbral palsy either both of which I have. Op you should make a poll
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2014 at 11:22 AM

No

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)