Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm not on public assistance but I think...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 223 Replies
3 moms liked this

Amusement parks like Disney, Six Flags, etc. should offer a free day just for kids who couldn't afford to go otherwise.  This is a spin off of the zoo post.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TrouserMouse
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Totally unrelated, but our zoo had a free day for everyone yesterday and it turned into fights with people shooting at each other.
MeaganP
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Who should pay for it. There's one thing going to a local zoo but who is gong to pay fir the travel expense and lodging
jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:18 AM
1 mom liked this
What?!?!

Good lord, I live in Baltimore and in thought stuff like that only happens here. Lol

Quoting TrouserMouse: Totally unrelated, but our zoo had a free day for everyone yesterday and it turned into fights with people shooting at each other.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:19 AM
I would think that a lot of places like that do have programs for poor kids.
summerlove3677
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:19 AM
21 moms liked this
No, they shouldn't. You need to teach kids that they have to earn things. I'm 34 and have never been to Disney and I'm just fine. You want to do something like that, you EARN it, you don't get handed things
TrouserMouse
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm 38 and I've participated in and received all sorts of things in life that I didn't pay for.

Quoting summerlove3677: No, they shouldn't. You need to teach kids that they have to earn things. I'm 34 and have never been to Disney and I'm just fine. You want to do something like that, you EARN it, you don't get handed things
mommajoie
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Theres where it gets tricky because then I feel they need to check their income. I think if people want to go they need to save. I find the prices crazy and its something my family cant afford. However we are talking about going but saving up to get there. Not all but a few people that cant afford things think things should just be handed to them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:23 AM
10 moms liked this
No they shouldn't. Let's stop giving everyone the impression it's a good thing people receive benefits. Stop making it a normal part of life. Just because you are poor or on food stamps doesn't mean you should get special treatment. People should strive to get off it. How is that going to happen when they get everything handed to them?
summerlove3677
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:24 AM
Okay?

Quoting TrouserMouse: I'm 38 and I've participated in and received all sorts of things in life that I didn't pay for.

Quoting summerlove3677: No, they shouldn't. You need to teach kids that they have to earn things. I'm 34 and have never been to Disney and I'm just fine. You want to do something like that, you EARN it, you don't get handed things
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:24 AM
Troll harder.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)