Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Need something cheaper than cable or satellite...HELP!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We just cannot afford to pay 80 bucks a month for TV anymore.  What do you use and how much do you pay?  Are you satisfied?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:52 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:20 AM

What kind?  How many channels do you get?

Quoting Anonymous: We got an antenna and love it.

Chris030406
by anonsneednotreply on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:20 AM
Netflix and Hulu+. $16.
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:21 AM
For the $8 a month you can use up to 2 devices at once I think. If you use more than 2 at once, you will have to pay $1-2 more.

Quoting Anonymous:

Can you get Netflix on multiple TVs?

Quoting robibuni: Netflix. $8 a month. We won't ever go back!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lydlou02
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:22 AM
There's this awesome thing called broadcast television. It's free to anyone with a digital TV and an antenna.

But seriously. Why is it so important?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:23 AM

We only have internet.  We did recently buy an HDMI cable so we can hook our computer up to our tv, otherwise most of the websites post the popular tv shows a night or so after they air on tv. It's worked fine for us for over 2 years.  

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:24 AM

We use Netflix. We tried Hulu Plus and absolutely HATED it! Amazon instant video is also pretty good, its cheaper than netflix even though you have to pay for the whole year up front, plus the free shipping is a plus. 

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah we did the hulu+ trial and I was so disappointed. They had nothing on there. We don't have cable so for our TV shows we like, such as How I Met Your Mother and NCIS, we just go stream the shows on the CBS website.

Quoting BraydensMama163: My aunt hasn't had cable in months. I told her to go get Comcast internet. If you don't have internet for 3 months or more and have school aged children in the house then Comcast will give you internet for 10 bucks a month. And then get Netflix. Hulu sucks. My neighbor has it and we looked thru it twice on our TV. It didn't have shit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:26 AM
If you have multiple devices to stream Netflix. Blu Ray, Xbox, Playstation, computer, tablet.

Quoting Anonymous:

Can you get Netflix on multiple TVs?

Quoting robibuni: Netflix. $8 a month. We won't ever go back!

MyNameIs-
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:27 AM
Netflix. Some stations have streaming video on their website.

Free bootleg shows on the internet. If you're not worried about stealing and the occasional virus that gets downloaded.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:27 AM

We have an antennae and then we pay for internet and then use netflix for $7.99 a month. We are considering HuluPlus for $7.99 a month also.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN