Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Lose weight

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:49 AM
  • 50 Replies
1 mom liked this
How do you do it?
I'm a fatty at 234 starting. At 3 weeks if using MyFitness Pal I lost 8 pounds. Which I'm happy with. Short goal is 20 pounds in 3 months and a total of 70 pounds. I also stopped drinking because im an alcoholic. I was recently told I was diabetic and got scared. So that's my motivations, I don't want to end up like my grandfather who lost his legs and eyesight. I want to live for my kids and my husband.
So what are your secrets?
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:51 AM

I'm doing weight watchers and the 30 day shred I went from 195 to 129 I have 10lbs left

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:51 AM
No processed foods, no diet foods, just healthy whole foods and drink plenty of water
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this
People hate this advice because they want to believe a quick fad diet or pill will work, but...

EAT LESS AND EXERCISE MORE. Then make your new healthy habits a part of your daily life instead of a temporary thing.

That's how you really lose weight and keep it off.
dtristan78
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:53 AM
Holy smokes! My doctor told me 1 pound a week, I've done about 2 pounds a week.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm doing weight watchers and the 30 day shred I went from 195 to 129 I have 10lbs left

crysiann
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Shop mostly on the outside edges of the grocery store. That way you avoid processed foods. The only aisles I really go in are for pasta and tomatoes and dried beans and rice. This way you will eat more whole foods. Exercise everyday for at least a half hour. Even if all you do is walk. Drink lots of water. You can do it!
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:54 AM

I don't. If I lost weight I'd be invisible. I'm 700+ calories short a day according to My fitness pal if I'm going to gain my goal weight. I have to eat more meals and snacks during the day.

dtristan78
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:55 AM
I love water, thank God! I eat the meat I prepare for dinner and something green.
I also noticed the more healthy snacks I eat, the better I feel. Plus it's helped with losing. I hate making breakfast though! So I have a fruit/veggie protein shake.

Quoting Anonymous: No processed foods, no diet foods, just healthy whole foods and drink plenty of water
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:57 AM

1-2lbs is normal and healthy.i usually average 3-4lbs and my doctor said its fine as long as I'm not over doing it.

Quoting dtristan78: Holy smokes! My doctor told me 1 pound a week, I've done about 2 pounds a week.
Quoting Anonymous:

jcm28
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:01 AM
Keep to a good diet. If I am craving something unhealthy I remind my self of my goal and how happy I would be to do something as toughest losing weight. I love the gym. It is such a stress reliever. Find something you love doing. Bikes yoga walking running.
MamaRae85
by *you're on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:04 AM

I've been looking for short workouts that I can do during those agic times when both kids are in their rooms. lol There are a TON of workout videos on Amazon Prime, if you have it. I'm going to do the 30 Day Shred, which is only 1.99 on Instant Video.

I'm making it a goal to go out walking with the kids every day that it's nice enough, even if it's just me walking the stroller around the yard while my older son plays.

I'm going with a much more natural diet, as well. Fewer carbs, no low fat, lots more fruits and veggies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)