Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I SUCK AT LIFE!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So I have been going to see a therapist for two months now.

I have a ten dollar co-pay and since I never have cash on me I have been writing out checks.

I know... I should really balance my check book... whatever. I always use my debit card and I just never have the time to sit down each day and record what was spent. I check my online balance frequently and it works 99.9% of the time.

well today was that .1% it didnt. That dumb B**** of a therapist (sorry Im a tad angry at this, even tho it is my fault) has been hoarding my checks for two months!

So here I am thinking I have 80$ in my account which was fine. I get paid in a couple days......and BAM! gone! She cashed them all at once.

And i got hit with a bouncing fee of $40....

I suck at life:(

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:16 AM
Replies (11-14):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:33 AM

No you suck at finances ! From now on stop at atm and get the $10 each time.  Hopefully this $40 Fee smartens you up to be responsible for your money !

sarasunshine99
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:36 AM

Shit happens.  Therapists have seen everything under the sun.  The most important thing for you to do is move on (it happened) and keep yourself #1!  It sounds like you're in a great place in life when you're flat out owning that the fault lies with you...this is huge!!  Do you realize how many people cannot do this and would toss the blame on everyone else rather than to accept it and move on??  I totally admire people like you!!  : )

-BluEydDvl-
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:50 AM
I guess I suck at life too cuz I didn't know that, lol. Thanks.

Quoting Anonymous:

this is where you are wrong. you can hold onto a check for six months if you want. it is up to you to make sure that you don't spend that money.

Quoting -BluEydDvl-: That's not your fault. Tell her to knock it off or she can pay your overdraft fee.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:42 AM

i am responsible with my money most of the time..... just never dawned on me that she wasnt cashing them weekly.

O well.. yes I do know how to learn from my mistakes.... thank you

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

No you suck at finances ! From now on stop at atm and get the $10 each time.  Hopefully this $40 Fee smartens you up to be responsible for your money !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)