Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you do this to save your children?

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:49 AM
  • 51 Replies

Article

Mass. mom uses her own body as ‘speed bump’ to stop car from rolling into traffic with toddlers inside: report

Mindy Tran, 22, of Lawrence, Mass., was crushed by her own Honda sedan after she jumped in front of it to stop it from rolling into traffic with her toddler twins inside.

A Massachusetts mom threw herself in front of her own car to stop it from rolling into traffic with her twin daughters inside, according to reports.

Mindy Tran, 22, of Lawrence, Mass., is recovering from a crushed left knee and dislocated hip after she was run over by her own Honda sedan during a freak accident outside her apartment on March 6.

Tran told local WCVB-TV she had stepped away from the car after thinking it was in park in her garage when the vehicle began rolling down the driveway toward a busy street.

Tran's left knee was crushed and her right leg was dislocated from her hip. She is undergoing intensive rehab to walk again.

Her 2-year-old daughters were buckled in the backseat.

"I was like, 'What is going on?' And I see my daughter sitting there in the backseat and of course my first instinct is, 'I have to push the car back into the driveway,'" she told the station.

Tran said she used herself as a “speed bump” to slow the car until a neighbor who heard the commotion jumped in and stopped the car.

Tran said she thought her car was in park when she stepped out of it to lock her front door. The car began rolling down the driveway of her Lawrence, Mass., home.

Firefighters eventually arrived and lifted the car off her.

After several surgeries, she has been using a wheelchair, but rehabbing with an aim toward walking again.

"My daughters are my everything, my everything, and I don't want to see them in the hospital,” the brave mom told WCVB-TV.

"It was all for my kids. I'm just glad my kids are fine," she said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/mass-mom-body-speed-bump-stop-car-rolling-traffic-toddlers-report-article-1.1725181#ixzz2wPsRuoIq

by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof2girls220
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:51 AM
I wouldn't be the idiot that didn't my car in park.
TwoPennies
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:59 AM
Fuck. Yes
Without hesitation.
usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:01 AM
I'm not sure if doing that would have crossed my mind, but I would do whatever I could for them.
TallChic
by Stacey on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:01 AM
Yep
jcm28
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:02 AM
I would die for my kids
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:03 AM
6 moms liked this
I think I would have tried to jump inside and stop it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:03 AM
I'm pretty sure I could do tht standing up but yes whatever works
Hoppers33
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:04 AM
I would...but how close was it to traffic that she couldn't fling the door open and jump in? If that were my only option, then yes.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

If she had time to jump in front of the car, why didn't she have time to jump in the car?

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:08 AM

of course. If the thought accured to me.

Photo: -Randi.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)