Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So you fast forward through the scary parts?

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:09 AM
  • 8 Replies
I was within Greys anatomy last night, an older episode. The one with the mom in the bubble and Alex reveals to her daughters that Snow White dies but comes back to life. The mom said that when kids are little you fast forward through the scary parts...

Do people really do that?

We watched The Fox and The Hound this morning. (It's raining and no one feels good.) When it got to the scary part I just held my boys close and kinda talked them through it. "Oh that bear is scary, so you think Todd will escape?" "That hunter is a mean old man, isn't he?" "Do you think Copper and Todd will become friends again?"

by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:11 AM
Nope. Life is scary. Bad things happen, but sometimes good things come from it. Life lesson.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:13 AM

no but i do comfort my girls if they do get really scared and she also cries like i did when they happen

Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:13 AM
Exactly!!

Quoting An0nym0use: Nope. Life is scary. Bad things happen, but sometimes good things come from it. Life lesson.
lenashark
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:15 AM

No, but different kids can handle different things.

TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:15 AM

I never have

Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:18 AM
My kids have never cried during a movie, but my oldest D's has gotten anxious. Talking him through it helps.

Quoting Anonymous:

no but i do comfort my girls if they do get really scared and she also cries like i did when they happen

Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:19 AM
I totally get that. But I just wanted to see if it was "the norm" to fast forward through the scary parts

Quoting lenashark:

No, but different kids can handle different things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:36 AM

i dont why i do it i still do espically if someone dies or its really sad part. my girls guess picked up on my habits to do so

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon: My kids have never cried during a movie, but my oldest D's has gotten anxious. Talking him through it helps.
Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN