Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The wedding post!! *pics welcome*

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:19 PM
  • 107 Replies
I wanna hear all about your wedding (or future wedding)!! Colors, how many in the wedding party, what was your favorite part? What kind of venue was it? If you've got pics of the decorations or dresses ect post em! Who got the drunkest ;) what would you change? Did you do something extra special - like a photo booth, karaoke, ect? Tell us everything :)

I love weddings :)
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Nothing extravagent for me. We were planning a big Halloween wedding until I found out I was pregnant, so we got married at the courthouse on Feb 24th, 2006. Just my mom, grandma, sister, his dad, and a few of our friends were there. 

We just celebrated our 8th anniversary last month. :)

My mom made my headdress and bouquet. :)

TexasGirl90
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:24 PM
That's such a sweet pic! :)

Quoting LokisMama:

Nothing extravagent for me. We were planning a big Halloween wedding until I found out I was pregnant, so we got married at the courthouse on Feb 24th, 2006. Just my mom, grandma, sister, his dad, and a few of our friends were there. 

LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Its one of the only good ones I have...my mom was taking pictures and crying all at the same time so most of the pics are blurry as hell! :-p

Quoting TexasGirl90: That's such a sweet pic! :)
Quoting LokisMama:

TexasGirl90
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:27 PM
Lol awww your mom sounds sweet!

Quoting LokisMama:

Its one of the only good ones I have...my mom was taking pictures and crying all at the same time so most of the pics are blurry as hell! :-p

Quoting TexasGirl90: That's such a sweet pic! :)

Quoting LokisMama:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:31 PM
We had a very simple, non-traditional wedding. I've never been a fan of being the center of attention or hosting/attending formal gatherings so it was very laidback :). We all just met at a specific location, had a ten minute (tops) ceremony, and then enjoyed a cookout afterwards.

There weren't really colors or themes but we did it outside in the forest up in the mountains of my hometown. We had a friend of my mother's officiate. My sister was my MOH and DH's brother was his BM. It was a very small gathering, maybe 15 people total. Everyone just wore whatever was comfortable for them. DH wore a nice button-down and jeans; I wore a light sundress with flowers in my hair.

The ceremony was beautiful. It was a lovely day. The food was awesome. Everything went very well, everyone was happy and enjoyed themselves. And no one got drunk, per my request lol (it was out in the middle of nowhere and I didn't want anyone drinking and driving).

My favorite part was the ceremony itself, because it was a very special moment for me (even though I was shaking with cold and MAY have teared up a tiny bit). And I wouldn't have changed anything, except for maybe made the breeze a little bit less chilly (although it really wasn't bad).

So that was our wedding :)
TexasGirl90
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:33 PM
It sounds very nice! Seems like it fit you perfectly :) Do you have any pics?

Quoting Anonymous: We had a very simple, non-traditional wedding. I've never been a fan of being the center of attention or hosting/attending formal gatherings so it was very laidback :). We all just met at a specific location, had a ten minute (tops) ceremony, and then enjoyed a cookout afterwards.

There weren't really colors or themes but we did it outside in the forest up in the mountains of my hometown. We had a friend of my mother's officiate. My sister was my MOH and DH's brother was his BM. It was a very small gathering, maybe 15 people total. Everyone just wore whatever was comfortable for them. DH wore a nice button-down and jeans; I wore a light sundress with flowers in my hair.

The ceremony was beautiful. It was a lovely day. The food was awesome. Everything went very well, everyone was happy and enjoyed themselves. And no one got drunk, per my request lol (it was out in the middle of nowhere and I didn't want anyone drinking and driving).

My favorite part was the ceremony itself, because it was a very special moment for me (even though I was shaking with cold and MAY have teared up a tiny bit). And I wouldn't have changed anything, except for maybe made the breeze a little bit less chilly (although it really wasn't bad).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:37 PM
Not on my phone unfortunately and the laptop is getting fixed -_- but I thought it was perfect :)

If you can picture relaxed country atmosphere (my minister even wore a cowboy hat lol) with white flowers and green ivy everywhere, it was like that. I couldn't have asked for a nicer day!

And now that you've heard ours, tell us about your wedding! :)

Quoting TexasGirl90: It sounds very nice! Seems like it fit you perfectly :) Do you have any pics?

Quoting Anonymous: We had a very simple, non-traditional wedding. I've never been a fan of being the center of attention or hosting/attending formal gatherings so it was very laidback :). We all just met at a specific location, had a ten minute (tops) ceremony, and then enjoyed a cookout afterwards.

TexasGirl90
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:47 PM
I've been planning it for 6 years lmao seriously - were not married yet. We live together, file taxes together, so all the "married crap" together lol but have had no wedding. We'll have one eventually! I plan on having a "country" wedding. I wanna get married in a barn.. I will be in boots, so will my BM's. the ceremony will be beautiful, and the reception will be a party lol were having koozie's made that say something about "he got his princess, she got her hunk.. But this is a cowboy wedding, so were all getting drunk!" Lmao he's a bull fighter.. It's just who we are! :)

Quoting Anonymous: Not on my phone unfortunately and the laptop is getting fixed -_- but I thought it was perfect :)

If you can picture relaxed country atmosphere (my minister even wore a cowboy hat lol) with white flowers and green ivy everywhere, it was like that. I couldn't have asked for a nicer day!

And now that you've heard ours, tell us about your wedding! :)

Quoting TexasGirl90: It sounds very nice! Seems like it fit you perfectly :) Do you have any pics?

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:50 PM

I don't have pics on my phone. Ill add them later.
Our colors were pink and silver.

There were 14 of us in our wedding party!
We had about 100 guests. We had a blast! It was in a ballroom. I wouldn't change a thing!

eta: Actually, I would change our photographer. She was TERRIBLE! I should ave sued, lol.

in te limo.. me and my Maid of honor..

me and my mom

better look at my dress:)

ok...ill stop now.. lol..

Heisenberg
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:59 PM
2 moms liked this

No colors, no wedding party. I pretty much designed my own dress. About 175 guests. I got married in a conservatory, and danced all night. It was a beautiful day. Everyone said they had a great time, but it wasn't really a typical wedding, I don't think.

I did have a maid of honor. She's the other one holding the flowers. lol

This is me and my sisters after the ceremony.

I heard the food was good but I wasn't allowed to eat because I had an intestinal bug. lol

We put disposable cameras on each table

which gave us some interesting pictures of the night. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)