Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

‘Baby Having 2 Heads' Born in India

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:23 PM
  • 212 Replies

‘Baby Having 2 Heads' Born in India

Mar 14, 2014 3:31am
HT conjoined twins jef 140313 16x9 608 Baby Having 2 Heads Born in India

A nurse attends to a pair of conjoined twin girls who share a single body at a hospital in Sonipat, India March, 13, 2014. (Credit: Sanjeev Ghangas/Cover Asia Press)

Conjoined twins born at a hospital in India appear to share everything below their two, separate heads, hospital officials told ABCNews.com.

"Yes this report is perfectly true that we have delivered a female baby having two heads," Dr. Ashish Sehgal, the CEO of Cygnus JK Hindu Hospital, told ABCNews.com in an email. "She is presently alive and healthy."

The birth occurred Wednesday morning by Caesarean section, Sehgal said.

The mother thought she was only carrying one baby because she was too poor to afford an ultrasound, according to Asia Cover Press.

The twins weighed 5.3 pounds, Sehgal said.

SHOWS:
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:24 PM

How sad. :/

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Omgoodness! That's crazy!
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:27 PM
2 moms liked this
That's so sad. :(
My identical twins are mono mono. If their egg would have split just a few days later they would have been conjoined. I feel sadness, in the pit of my stomach, whenever i hear of conjoined twins now.
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:27 PM
3 moms liked this
Wow I wonder what kind of health problems they will have. Also I have noticed that most cases of conjoined twins seem to happen in third world countries I wonder why that is... I mean I know lack of props prenatal care and poor diet and such but there where times when prenatal care was poor everywhere.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:27 PM
That's the weirdest damn thing.. Poor baby(ies?).
Dreagon_Magos
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:28 PM
So sad
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:30 PM

The twins, born last week, each have a head, neck, spine and oesophagus.
But they share a heart and stomach and have only one lung each

littlelamb303
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:30 PM

I read that the woman said she could not afford an ultrasound.  Technology is available, so few can afford it there.

Quoting LCWAmommy: Wow I wonder what kind of health problems they will have. Also I have noticed that most cases of conjoined twins seem to happen in third world countries I wonder why that is... I mean I know lack of props prenatal care and poor diet and such but there where times when prenatal care was poor everywhere.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:30 PM

The twins were born last week in northern India via C-section, weighing 7lbs 7oz

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:31 PM

The Indian mother who gave birth to conjoined twins last week has yet to meet her babies - because she is still coming to terms with what has happened.

The twins, who were born last week with one body and two heads, have been moved to one of India’s top hospitals for further examination.

Dr Shikha Malik, who delivered the babies and is helping the family, said they have two heads, two necks, two spines and two separate oesophaguses and trachea - but they have only one heart and stomach and one lung each.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2582608/Mother-Indian-conjoined-twins-born-shocked-meet-babies.html#ixzz2wRGXfune
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN