Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is child abuse and this woman should have her baby taken away from her

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

this poor baby is 40+ pounds and only 8 months old. Has anyone read this story. Sorry but this is child abuse. There is no way formula or BF or baby food could possibly cause this unless she feeds him every hour. Doctors said in the article that there is no medical reason for his weight. He has just been overfed. They are so worried about his weight that the doctors have already put him on a strict diet. This mother if is either freakin crazy or just doesnt care. Either way she should not have him anymore.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Replies (21-30):
ajdahd13
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 5:45 PM
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/story/25015402/baby-placed-on-strict-diet-after-over

I found one story. So sad :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 5:46 PM
We have a baby at daycare, his parents send him with 7 bottles of forumla (8oz each), 1 bottle of water (8oz) and 1 bottle of juice (8oz) plus 2 stage 2 jars of baby food.

They complain when he doesn't eat it all.

He is there about 10 hours a day.

I feel bad for the poor baby. He screams if he doesn't have a bottle in his mouth. He is getting Better now that he can crawl.

But every single day, we get yelled at by his parents that we are starving him to death and he isn't eating enough.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this

he is 8 months old. there is no physical possible way for him to gain that quickly in 8 months just by over eating. 

JanineDeer
by Janine on Mar. 19, 2014 at 5:48 PM

meh..... it's her kid.  I hear everyone screaming CPS! Take the kid away.  But they are all strangely silent about taking IN said kids. Where does everyone think these kids go? the moon? 

It's a different country too, than ours- maybe they think it's cute or something.  Like in that one African country where they love fat women and DO over eat and over feed their girls to BE fat on pupose.

ThisLife16309
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 5:49 PM

shit my 7 year old is maybe just 40lb

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Her kid or not, she is neglecting his medical needs and allowing him to gain an insane amount of weight.
My 8 month old is 20ish pounds, there is NO reason (aside from medical reasons) for an eight month old infant to weigh 40 pounds. None.

Quoting JanineDeer:

meh..... it's her kid.  I hear everyone screaming CPS! Take the kid away.  But they are all strangely silent about taking IN said kids. Where does everyone think these kids go? the moon? 

It's a different country too, than ours- maybe they think it's cute or something.  Like in that one African country where they love fat women and DO over eat and over feed their girls to BE fat on pupose.

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow! I know that doctors say there;'s no medical reason, but there has to be something. I cannot imagine it's possible to overfeed a baby to that extent. My 7 year old is just a few pounds above that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2014 at 5:53 PM

Well, I dont think they find it cute. The doctors are pretty worried and have him on a strict diet.

Quoting JanineDeer:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 5:55 PM

my (older) brother was well over 30 pounds before he was a year old. My mother claims she didn't know that he needed (or could eat it, whether needed or not) baby food, and she kept feeding him more and more formula. Apparently he was just SO hungry, and she'd feed him over 64 ounces a day before the doctor told her to give him baby food.

If you go by what my dad says, she used to give him shit like pepsi all the time as an infant. In fact, the only way to get him to crawl was to put a pepsi in front of him. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

It stated in the article that they found no medical reason that it was just a case of overfed. But my question is WTF was she feeding him?

Quoting sweetiebell: If there's no medical reason why he is like that I would definitely consider it child abuse.

69liliem10
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Wow. That poor kid. :(

I agree that it's child abuse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)