Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is child abuse and this woman should have her baby taken away from her

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

this poor baby is 40+ pounds and only 8 months old. Has anyone read this story. Sorry but this is child abuse. There is no way formula or BF or baby food could possibly cause this unless she feeds him every hour. Doctors said in the article that there is no medical reason for his weight. He has just been overfed. They are so worried about his weight that the doctors have already put him on a strict diet. This mother if is either freakin crazy or just doesnt care. Either way she should not have him anymore.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Replies (31-40):
momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 5:59 PM
Wow that poor baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AKDlove
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:00 PM

My DD is 2, and weighs 40 pounds. I can't imagine an 8 month old weighing 40 pounds. Thats child abuse, and the baby should be put with someone else who won't overfeed him like that. You can't tell me it happened overnight. They knew the problem they were creating. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:02 PM
There is a medical condition. Unless she is tube feeding him while he sleeps, something somewhere is wrong.
nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Oh my goodness...poor baby.

BrittSam2011
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:14 PM

OMG, poor baby! That's so sad. I hope he doesn't have any lasting health issues because of this.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

BrittSam2011
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:27 PM

Wow, that poor baby can barely move! And she says every time he cried she would just feed him. She just didn't know. That's so sad. 

Quoting Anonymous:

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/obese-baby-rescued-life-saving-treatment-article-1.1726546

Quoting lovemysnugbugs: Do you have a link to the story?

TheFairest
by Zombie on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:28 PM
Wow, poor baby.
BrittSam2011
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:29 PM

In the article it says she didn't know what she was doing wasn't right. She says every time he started crying she would give him formula and food as a comfort. 

Quoting Anonymous: There is a medical condition. Unless she is tube feeding him while he sleeps, something somewhere is wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:32 PM
So the mom admitted she messed up and sought help. I see no reason for the child to be taken away.

Quoting Anonymous:

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/obese-baby-rescued-life-saving-treatment-article-1.1726546

Quoting lovemysnugbugs: Do you have a link to the story?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Even if she fed him every time he cried he wouldn't eat if he was full, there has to be a medical issue.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)