Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is child abuse and this woman should have her baby taken away from her

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

this poor baby is 40+ pounds and only 8 months old. Has anyone read this story. Sorry but this is child abuse. There is no way formula or BF or baby food could possibly cause this unless she feeds him every hour. Doctors said in the article that there is no medical reason for his weight. He has just been overfed. They are so worried about his weight that the doctors have already put him on a strict diet. This mother if is either freakin crazy or just doesnt care. Either way she should not have him anymore.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Replies (41-50):
momoftwogirl55
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:34 PM
I honestly used to think you COULDN'T over feed a baby.
I have officially changed my mind. What in the hell was she feeding him!?
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:36 PM
I agree, per usual, lol. I'm your CM stalker. If you want to ditch me, stop teasing me with sexy Spock avis.

Quoting momto2boys973:

Wow! I know that doctors say there;'s no medical reason, but there has to be something. I cannot imagine it's possible to overfeed a baby to that extent. My 7 year old is just a few pounds above that.

polkaspots
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:36 PM
He was born with an anxiety?? Every fucking baby cries. You don't fill them up with food every time they cry.
She said she was stuck at home because the kid is too heavy to carry. How is forty pounds too heavy to go anywhere? I can carry my two younger ones who are thirty and fifteen pounds and I'm fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommynMonster
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:37 PM
An 8 month old is barely on solids...how did that baby get so fat??
KylesWifey
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:38 PM
That's heavier than my 5 year old!!
AnotherKim
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:38 PM

I remember those. It made me sick to my stomach. Soda and pizza for babies. So ignorant and disgusting.

Quoting angelizedsinz: Maury did shows about this a long time ago. Mothers gave their kids 2 liter bottles of soda, ridiculous amounts of fried food and sweets. Anything they wanted basically. Maybe some episodes are on YouTube.

firespurity
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:39 PM
This should be true. :/

Quoting Anonymous: Even if she fed him every time he cried he wouldn't eat if he was full, there has to be a medical issue.
Pnukey
by Jenn on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this

From the article:

Obese baby in Colombia 'rescued' by charity for life-saving treatment

Eight-month-old Santiago Mendoza weighs 44 pounds, about as much as a 6-year-old child! The Chubby Hearts Foundation (Gorditos de Corazon) has offered to help the boy and his parents as they try to get him to a healthy weight. ‘Likely, what he will need is a long-term treatment, education, healthy food, and when he is older, physical activity,’ said one surgeon.

If they need a "Chubby Hearts Foundation" then there is something wrong with a lot of people here. I hope they can teach whole families better eating habits.

mommacatof3
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Supposedly he was only breastfed. She must have some really fattening breast milk. http://guardianlv.com/2014/03/obese-8-month-old-baby-tips-the-scale-at-over-40-pounds-video/

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:47 PM
Barely on solids? My 8 month old can eat pretty much everything I do.

Quoting MommynMonster: An 8 month old is barely on solids...how did that baby get so fat??
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)