Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is child abuse and this woman should have her baby taken away from her

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

this poor baby is 40+ pounds and only 8 months old. Has anyone read this story. Sorry but this is child abuse. There is no way formula or BF or baby food could possibly cause this unless she feeds him every hour. Doctors said in the article that there is no medical reason for his weight. He has just been overfed. They are so worried about his weight that the doctors have already put him on a strict diet. This mother if is either freakin crazy or just doesnt care. Either way she should not have him anymore.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Replies (51-60):
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:48 PM

No she shouldn't get him taken away.  She should be monitored however, and learn to feed him properly.  Taking him away will do more harm than good in the long run.  Try ripping your 8mo away from you and how do you think he will do?

TheSilence
by Tá mé an mó on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:50 PM
How can you feed a baby that much?
I've seen chubby breast fed babies but that is beyond words.
Poor baby!
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this
LOL! Yeah, I noticed I'm always agreeing with you :)

Quoting Danesmommy1: I agree, per usual, lol. I'm your CM stalker. If you want to ditch me, stop teasing me with sexy Spock avis.

Quoting momto2boys973:

Wow! I know that doctors say there;'s no medical reason, but there has to be something. I cannot imagine it's possible to overfeed a baby to that extent. My 7 year old is just a few pounds above that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:41 PM

She should have been asking herself questions about why her baby was getting so fat before it got to that point. 44 pounds? It took the doctor to step in and tell her there is an issue.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

No she shouldn't get him taken away.  She should be monitored however, and learn to feed him properly.  Taking him away will do more harm than good in the long run.  Try ripping your 8mo away from you and how do you think he will do?

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Well obviously.  She obviously needs some parenting and to learn the right ways to do things and be monitored.  She may have realized but didn't know what to do or what she was doing wrong.  No one is saying she isn't at fault.   

Quoting Anonymous:

She should have been asking herself questions about why her baby was getting so fat before it got to that point. 44 pounds? It took the doctor to step in and tell her there is an issue.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:02 PM
My 4 year old doesn't weigh that much...though he has always been on the smaller side, but I think people would assume I starve him based on his weight.
EvaTheDiva2
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:06 PM
I agree it is child abuse. If no medical issues, shes a moron.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:27 AM
You are not even supposed to introduce solids until 6 months or older, and up until a year old solids are not meant to be a main nutrition source.

Quoting bowribbonmama: Barely on solids? My 8 month old can eat pretty much everything I do.

Quoting MommynMonster: An 8 month old is barely on solids...how did that baby get so fat??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:33 AM
Child abuse but uneducated yes. She probably doesn't even realize what a disservice she ia doing for her baby
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 5:56 PM

You don't say?

I did wait until she was 6 months and she is still breastfed as her main nutrition.

However, she can chew and swallow foods that are small enough.

Quoting Anonymous: You are not even supposed to introduce solids until 6 months or older, and up until a year old solids are not meant to be a main nutrition source.
Quoting bowribbonmama: Barely on solids? My 8 month old can eat pretty much everything I do.
Quoting MommynMonster: An 8 month old is barely on solids...how did that baby get so fat??

Britney- Mommy to Ashton (7) Chloe (5) Bethany (3) & Madelyn (06/23/2013)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)