Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I totally went from being pro [fill in the blank] to anti [fill in the blank] because of something someone said on Cafe Mom!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 91 Replies
Has this ever happened? Have any of you gone from being firm in a belief and then had it changed by a knock down, drag out fight on here? Have you gone from being against vaccinations to being for? Pro choice to pro life? Are you even open to the other side or do you just want to debate it and try to constantly one up someone else?

If you were on the fence about something, did you see something here that pushed you over to either side? Have you gone from selectively vaccinating to none at all or all of them? Have you gone from being on the fence about abortion to being either pro choice or pro life?

I ask because someone was trying to debate abortion with me...again. It feels futile. I am not going to change my mind, neither is she. It feels useless.

I am kind of lame sometimes, so if this is a lame, please let me know. I would rather delete and save face than be lame.

I am just genuinely curious.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:07 PM
BUMP
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:08 PM
Nope.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:08 PM
2 moms liked this

No I don't allow others opinions get in the way of something that I believe strongly in. 

MoroseMoose
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Some members have helped me see the other perspective on an issue, but change my stance? No.

I usually avoid debate posts though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:09 PM
No, but I can argue my beliefs better, if I chose to.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:09 PM
I was in a back and forth with someone this past weekend and I finally said "let's just agree to disagree, we're not going to change each other's minds."
slashteddy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:09 PM
Nope.
cybcm
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:10 PM
Nope.
hopeym23
by J3 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Nope.

Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Not really, i'm pro choice, anti vacc, working mom and even after getting harrassed, insulted, and had many pointless fights over it here i still stand by it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)