Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I totally went from being pro [fill in the blank] to anti [fill in the blank] because of something someone said on Cafe Mom!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Has this ever happened? Have any of you gone from being firm in a belief and then had it changed by a knock down, drag out fight on here? Have you gone from being against vaccinations to being for? Pro choice to pro life? Are you even open to the other side or do you just want to debate it and try to constantly one up someone else?

If you were on the fence about something, did you see something here that pushed you over to either side? Have you gone from selectively vaccinating to none at all or all of them? Have you gone from being on the fence about abortion to being either pro choice or pro life?

I ask because someone was trying to debate abortion with me...again. It feels futile. I am not going to change my mind, neither is she. It feels useless.

I am kind of lame sometimes, so if this is a lame, please let me know. I would rather delete and save face than be lame.

I am just genuinely curious.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:03 PM
Replies (81-90):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:34 PM
Ok, so some of the stuff can be useful.

Quoting Anonymous:

IDK

because of this group I am now on the fence about Gay Marriage, where before I was not on the fence.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:36 PM

Sure it showed me that people are truly the same when it comes down to it. 

Quoting Anonymous: Ok, so some of the stuff can be useful.
Quoting Anonymous:

IDK

because of this group I am now on the fence about Gay Marriage, where before I was not on the fence.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this
What in the ever loving fuck are you talking about? Lmao.

Quoting Trudestevens: Weird. Sometimes it helps to take some painkillers and drink red wine. Then nobody can change your mind its on another planet. Its not your responiblity to change the world only yourself.. If people are for abortion let them be if not let them be. But according to our laws its just plane murder because orthodox christines paid lots of money to political forces.,peoples basic right of life the choice to protect life has to be resolved by medical community.As it stands now its both ways.Our government We the People has been MIA missing in action for over 150 years. Now its just white wealthy politicians and taken friends dictstibg our choices laws and their so elected regilions to aid them to convipence the public what's right and wrong. You are responsible for yoursekfvp and to know yourself screw the human race,,total waste of time. Look how many good people who have been shot or died deaths before their time acting on behalf if humanity. They all said the same as me. Take care if yourself humanity can wait..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:38 PM
It looks like the debating might not all be in vain, it sounds like it needs to be done in a more mature fashion though.
rfhsure
by beast mode on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:38 PM
Is she a pilot? Or a vehicle with a mind of its own?

Quoting Anonymous: My sister's middle name is Christine, can we still damn her?

Quoting rfhsure: Where do we draw the line? They're not planes until they fly! Murdering a flying plane!? Who could let this happen? Damn Christines. Political forces are controlling them. Just dumping money into the pro plane murder movement. Detestable.

Quoting autodidact:

they are plane murderers! 

Quoting rfhsure: Christines don't make good pilots, I think that's what she's saying here.

Quoting autodidact:

wtf? 

Quoting Trudestevens: Weird. Sometimes it helps to take some painkillers and drink red wine. Then nobody can change your mind its on another planet. Its not your responiblity to change the world only yourself.. If people are for abortion let them be if not let them be. But according to our laws its just plane murder because orthodox christines paid lots of money to political forces.,peoples basic right of life the choice to protect life has to be resolved by medical community.As it stands now its both ways.Our government We the People has been MIA missing in action for over 150 years. Now its just white wealthy politicians and taken friends dictstibg our choices laws and their so elected regilions to aid them to convipence the public what's right and wrong. You are responsible for yoursekfvp and to know yourself screw the human race,,total waste of time. Look how many good people who have been shot or died deaths before their time acting on behalf if humanity. They all said the same as me. Take care if yourself humanity can wait..

momof2girls220
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:39 PM
Nope
KyKosMommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:39 PM
First thing I said to myself when I read this was

"Said no one ever..."
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:41 PM
Well...

Quoting rfhsure: Is she a pilot? Or a vehicle with a mind of its own?

Quoting Anonymous: My sister's middle name is Christine, can we still damn her?

Quoting rfhsure: Where do we draw the line? They're not planes until they fly! Murdering a flying plane!? Who could let this happen? Damn Christines. Political forces are controlling them. Just dumping money into the pro plane murder movement. Detestable.

Quoting autodidact:

they are plane murderers! 

Quoting rfhsure: Christines don't make good pilots, I think that's what she's saying here.

Quoting autodidact:

wtf? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:42 PM
I was thinking that would be the consensus, but some responses have surprised me.

Quoting KyKosMommy: First thing I said to myself when I read this was

"Said no one ever..."
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:42 PM
No. Wouldn't it be sad to be so easily influenced by a bored mom ??
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN