Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cleaning to get married Update 1&2

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I know most of you are rude mean and annoying at times , But I need Help ! OK SO wants to marry Me but he says he won't till I get The house House Decluttered and anything thing not being used or Old to small/big is to be removed ect . His reason is we shoud have a clean slate to live from once married .Also his stuff is not off limits either .

How do I start ?

Do you think this is fair to do ?

*Update* The clutter is His and Mine from before we got together , My grandmothers stuff , My kids and his kids stuff all in a 3 Bed 1 Bath house . Its just a bit over Whelming for me . He Does help but he is often working but he trys his best .

*Update2* He came home and I explained what all you Lovely ladies were saying , He agreed that he should not have asked so much of me with out helping so , we are going to be doing this together . and we plan to either sell what we can or give to Good will Tax write offs are always nice 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:14 PM
Replies (11-20):
RUMyMummy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Just burn it down.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting RUMyMummy: Why is it completely up to you?

he is away on lots of business trips 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Quoting MotherOF5Cuties: It's taking for you to get married to have a clean house ?? I guess you got to start somewhere lol

the home is modrately clean , its just our closets and garage and that we have stuff from before we got together he thinks yard sale help with wedding 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:22 PM

Quoting RUMyMummy: Just burn it down.
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting RUMyMummy: Why is it completely up to you?

he is away on lots of business trips 

no , its my family home 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:22 PM
3 moms liked this
So what he's saying is he wants a maid for the cost of an engagement ring. You sure about this one?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:23 PM
Are you that dirty?
CrossStitchMum
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:24 PM
Take a look at flylady.net. She shows how to do it in small steps and 15 minute time slots :)
MotherOF5Cuties
by Abby on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:24 PM
Oh ok that makes sense.but yeah I agree with him. Just start with a room a day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MotherOF5Cuties: It's taking for you to get married to have a clean house ?? I guess you got to start somewhere lol

the home is modrately clean , its just our closets and garage and that we have stuff from before we got together he thinks yard sale help with wedding 

suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:25 PM

If you don't know how to clean a house, maybe marriage should be put on hold.

abecee
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Toss it all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Quoting Anonymous: Are you that dirty?

no just have stuff from before we got together , and stuff from my gradmother whos home we live in 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)