Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cleaning to get married Update 1&2

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I know most of you are rude mean and annoying at times , But I need Help ! OK SO wants to marry Me but he says he won't till I get The house House Decluttered and anything thing not being used or Old to small/big is to be removed ect . His reason is we shoud have a clean slate to live from once married .Also his stuff is not off limits either .

How do I start ?

Do you think this is fair to do ?

*Update* The clutter is His and Mine from before we got together , My grandmothers stuff , My kids and his kids stuff all in a 3 Bed 1 Bath house . Its just a bit over Whelming for me . He Does help but he is often working but he trys his best .

*Update2* He came home and I explained what all you Lovely ladies were saying , He agreed that he should not have asked so much of me with out helping so , we are going to be doing this together . and we plan to either sell what we can or give to Good will Tax write offs are always nice 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:14 PM
Replies (21-30):
katemckenzie
by Kate on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

uhhh

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Quoting CrossStitchMum: Take a look at flylady.net. She shows how to do it in small steps and 15 minute time slots :)

Oh thankyou !

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:28 PM

I think that it shouldn't be completely up to you to clean everything, especially if some of it is his stuff too. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:30 PM

Quoting suzanneyea:

If you don't know how to clean a house, maybe marriage should be put on hold.

Clean yes , not declutter like getting rid of the stuff I had from before we got together

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:30 PM
She said it's just clutter. Stuff from before they were together and her grandmothers stuff, it was her house.

Quoting suzanneyea:

If you don't know how to clean a house, maybe marriage should be put on hold.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Quoting misskriss10:

I think that it shouldn't be completely up to you to clean everything, especially if some of it is his stuff too. 

He helps when he can

snowiscold
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Uh oh.  The ultimatums begin so soon.  My brother-in-law is a clean freak and if there is a crumb on the floor he goes bat shit crazy.  Their home doesn't even look lived in.  The flylady link posted by another poster is a great site!  Good luck!  (Edited my typo, lol.)

Leelee1008
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Yep. I think its a good idea.

YOu want a few bags (for trash) a box for donations and then a box for keeping.

If you have not worn it in atleast a year to 2 get rid of it. If you dont use it, get rid of it. YOu keep the things you use often.

I used to have really bad emotional attachment to everything.... My life and home became over cluttered and was horrible. Finally I broke down and said enough. I started with my kids old clothes... I sold half of what I had for my boys. Things that were not in great shape I tossed. things that were in ok shape I donated. Then I did my clothes, dh's clothes.. old toys. I do the toys twice a year. were still working on the kitchen.. mostly because it alot of my grandmoms stuff, and she is having a hard time getting rid of stuff... But its a work in progress.. I promis you, you will feel good getting rid of things... eventually

Pnukey
by Jenn on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:32 PM
2 moms liked this

That may be the oddest pre-marital request I've seen on this site, ever.

Whether it's fair or not is subjective, but it's definitely weird. I wonder if he will come up with another request/stall tactic after you do this.

Cleaning the room - start with clutter and trash first, then laundry, and work your way up to larger items, which may or may not include your boyfriend.

csxt99
by Jennifer on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd tell him to fuck himself.  He wants a maid, not a wife.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)