Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cleaning to get married Update 1&2

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I know most of you are rude mean and annoying at times , But I need Help ! OK SO wants to marry Me but he says he won't till I get The house House Decluttered and anything thing not being used or Old to small/big is to be removed ect . His reason is we shoud have a clean slate to live from once married .Also his stuff is not off limits either .

How do I start ?

Do you think this is fair to do ?

*Update* The clutter is His and Mine from before we got together , My grandmothers stuff , My kids and his kids stuff all in a 3 Bed 1 Bath house . Its just a bit over Whelming for me . He Does help but he is often working but he trys his best .

*Update2* He came home and I explained what all you Lovely ladies were saying , He agreed that he should not have asked so much of me with out helping so , we are going to be doing this together . and we plan to either sell what we can or give to Good will Tax write offs are always nice 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:14 PM
Replies (41-50):
furbabymum
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd tell him he can kiss my fucking ass. Who wants to marry an asshole.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh. Does he have any other requirements? Cooking classes too perhaps?

furbabymum
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Every few years I watch all the Hoarders episodes on Netflix. While doing it I go around the house and if I haven't seen the item in a year I toss it out. Works wonders. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting suzanneyea:

If you don't know how to clean a house, maybe marriage should be put on hold.

Clean yes , not declutter like getting rid of the stuff I had from before we got together

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Quoting MommyKir:

ok, anything that has not been touched in at least 3 months.... get rid of it, or put it in storage.... Go through everything else as a couple and decide what should stay and what should go.... Maybe re-arrange the furniture starting with the most important stuff, what doesn't fit goes into storage as well or something. Or if you two don't like a piece, change it.... take an old crib and turn it into a bench... etc an old from your grandma, that just feels out of place? but you love? recover it.... Do this each weekend until your house feels clean, organized, and like its yours.

Thankyou he loves DIY's he wants me also to have space for my Crafts I do :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Oh. Does he have any other requirements? Cooking classes too perhaps?

No I Can cook just fine , I have no place to Do my custom cupcakes I do , he wants me to have space for that as well as my other things I do .

MominNE
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:00 PM

I had an ex who used to tell me he wanted to marry me and he would let me know when *I* was ready.  Yes, you read that right.  When I fulfilled this magical formula he had for me he would let me know I was ready to be married to him. 

Hell no it's not fair.  You deserve better than that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:02 PM

How long have you had "SO"?  If you want to him to marry you, I guess start pitching.  Keep us updated on what he requires before you have children, take vacations, etc.

MommyKir
by Kay on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Oh yay that will help him, feel like it an "our house" home instead of him just living in your family home, maybe take some of grandma's things that are not your style, and re-purpose them into new items, so you still have the reminder of her, but its new and works for you two. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MommyKir:

ok, anything that has not been touched in at least 3 months.... get rid of it, or put it in storage.... Go through everything else as a couple and decide what should stay and what should go.... Maybe re-arrange the furniture starting with the most important stuff, what doesn't fit goes into storage as well or something. Or if you two don't like a piece, change it.... take an old crib and turn it into a bench... etc an old from your grandma, that just feels out of place? but you love? recover it.... Do this each weekend until your house feels clean, organized, and like its yours.

Thankyou he loves DIY's he wants me also to have space for my Crafts I do :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Talk about getting married with strings attached.... I think if he feels that the house is to cluttered and you guys apparently are living together already then you should work on decluttering together ... it should be a family affair...what is next I will marry you if you ....... who knows what he comes up with next ... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

How long have you had "SO"?  If you want to him to marry you, I guess start pitching.  Keep us updated on what he requires before you have children, take vacations, etc.

4 years now ,  we been engraged two of the 4  , we have 1 child together and one each from a diffrent relationship. He told me the other Day " we been saving two years and I know we are ready but is the house ready for what people might give us ? We as in me and you not just you need to clear this house and make it ready for our new life . You and I both have stuff from what will be our Old lives , we need to let go . And babe I think your grandmother won't be made if you give away her old clothing I am sure he has much better where she is at ." That is what he said to me he brought up clearing the house of Clutter  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)