Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What’s the rudest baby shower-zilla behavior you’ve ever seen from an expecting mom?

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:21 PM
  • 210 Replies

From outrageous baby registry requests to writing guests who didn't attend to tell them where to buy a gift anyway, sometimes expecting moms can go a little overboard when it comes to baby showers.

What's the rudest baby shower-zilla behavior YOU'VE ever seen from an expecting mom?

by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AJsMom81507
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:24 PM
2 moms liked this

actually none.  but according to CMommers, every shower i have been to would be considered shower-zilla.

why? because "high ticket" items are on it, from bedroom furniture to carseats, and OMG people acutally bought it, to having multiple showers for each child when said child was a year or a little more apart or OMG the same sex as the other.  And having people bring a bag of diapers for raffles.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:28 PM

I had someone who quit talking to me for not buying high ticket items on their registry!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this
One who specified she wanted CASH ONLY for her second shower!
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:29 PM
2 moms liked this

None nobody I have ever known has been rude, or out of line.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you're better off lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I had someone who quit talking to me for not buying high ticket items on their registry!

TheFairest
by Zombie on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:30 PM
None and I wasn't a showerzilla either.
TwoPennies
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:30 PM
2 moms liked this
My cousins wife is the only one I can think of. All clothing and toys had to be specific brands. Anything outside of what she asked for was returned (at the shower!) to the offending party guest.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Bump for later
AnotherKim
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Throwing a package of diapers behind her and saying, "gees, more diapers". What a little snot. Then again, 14 y/o's have no business having babies. She's 26 now, and just had her 6th baby. And, yes, she's thrown herself a shower for each and every one. Tacky.

Hellzonwheelz
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Quoting TwoPennies: My cousins wife is the only one I can think of. All clothing and toys had to be specific brands. Anything outside of what she asked for was returned (at the shower!) to the offending party guest.

wtf lol!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN