Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

MIL lied to DD and told her that DH would live forever.... but he's dying

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 64 Replies

DH was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer and we sat our kids down to tell them what was going on. *this is the short version of the events*

Well every weekend, we send the kids to grandmas house as it's just the way our family works. MIL knows about the diagnosis and everything that is going on. So apparently, DD 4 asked MIL about daddy dieing. Let's face it, this is a possibility and we teach our kids that our lives on earth are temporary but we don't know how temporary and when we die, we become angles for God. This is just how we do it so please no bashing.

So MIL took it upon herself to tell DD 4 that daddies live forever and that nobody would take her daddy away from her.

WTF!! Seriously?!?!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:24 PM
I'm sorry that your family is going thru this! I think maybe it would be good idea just to talk to MIL about it and let her know you just want your child the know about reality. I'm sure she wasn't trying to hurt her granddaughter, but she probably didn't want to get into serious conversation with 4 yr old that might make her cry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:33 PM

BUMP!

boys2men2soon
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Is it possible that she said Daddy's live in our hearts forever?   Or something along those lines?

white_wolf454
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:36 PM

I am so sorry

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:36 PM

nope MIL told me what she said

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Is it possible that she said Daddy's live in our hearts forever?   Or something along those lines?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:37 PM
So you don't spend no weekend with your kids ?
Bieg9093
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Kids at that age are still trying to work out what's real and what's true. I think you should check with MIL to see if she said it before working yourself up.

I'll have good thoughts for your family.

Bubsy
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:39 PM

:( that's not cool at all. It would only make it harder for your daughter to accept. So sorry that your family is going through this. Sending lots of positive energy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:39 PM
I'm very sorry!! It's most likely time to start counseling to help prepare everyone. Usually hospice or your DH's doctor will have suggestions.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

no, I'm a SAHM so I see my kids all day everyday and home school

Quoting Anonymous: So you don't spend no weekend with your kids ?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)