Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

tired of my family treating me like crap!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

I Cannot stand my parents, yes I live with them and moved back with my two kids after my divorce. I do pay rent and help out with the bills, I even buy the groceries for the house so I don't live off of them or live for free. I am supposed to get my section 8 in August, so I am just staying here until it goes through.

My sister is nothing but a thirty-four year old drunk and a druggie, and lives twenty minutes away she never does anything for the family. If you say boo about her my parents will flip out. I do everything for my family and I am treated like crap I do not think it is okay that they treat me that way.

They say mean things to me call me a loser and a low life, when all I do is take care of my kids, I clean and cook for them and it's just not appreciated. Should I just ignore them until August when my section 8 comes through?

When I get my section 8 I plan on cutting off all contact with my parents because it's not okay the way they treat me it is unacceptable, opinions what do you all think?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I would move to an extended stay hotel. 

katarina666
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Is their a freind or a shelter you could move to? I'd not be putting up with their abuse!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:53 PM

I wish I could but if I were living in a hotel my kids dad's could take them away from me. 

Quoting The_Doodle:

I would move to an extended stay hotel. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

If you can afford rent, bills, and food why are you waiting on section 8?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:55 PM

No I wouldn't live in a shelter, and none of my friends have a place big enough where I could go stay. 

Quoting katarina666:

Is their a freind or a shelter you could move to? I'd not be putting up with their abuse!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:56 PM

I pay them 400 dollars a month for rent and 100 for food, thats all I can afford I am waiting for section 8 because apartments in my area are double that. 

Quoting Anonymous:

grannie_kel
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:01 PM
3 moms liked this

Sorry but you are treating them like crap too if you are using them for a place to stay and then are going to cut them off as soon as you can move. 

They took you in when apparently you had no where else to go, they can't be all that bad.  They might be having a hard time dealing with you and your kids in their home when they should be able to live kid free after raising theirs.  It isn't always easy having someone else and their kids under your roof, even if it is their daughter and grandkids. 

I really find it hard to believe that they would let you move in and then call you loser and low life.  That just doesn't fit together. 

grannie_kel
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:03 PM

$100 covers the food for the house for a month?  I hardly think so. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I pay them 400 dollars a month for rent and 100 for food, thats all I can afford I am waiting for section 8 because apartments in my area are double that. 

Quoting Anonymous:

jessica4212011
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:03 PM

Tough it out till ur help comes in and then cut all ties with them. The saying u don't know what u got till its gone. Maybe call your case worker and ask about something sooner. And think about it you left ur dh or whoever for a reason is you staying in a motel worse then the reason you left.

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Ya don't bite the hand that feeds you, or in your case puts a roof over your head.  Bide your time, then tell them the f*ck off.  But realize, burned bridges have to be rebuilt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)