Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For my 22nd bday I am going to get drunk

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

I never celebrated my 21st bday and my friends are taking me out. I have never even been to a bar before and I dont usually drink so I have no clue what to get and what to expect when it comes to how much I spend. 

I know it varies just curious what a night out would cost where you live I guess

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:19 PM

5-8 dollars a drink, you're new so a light weight I wouldn't expect to spend more than 50-60 dollars for the night.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:21 PM
If you're going to get mixed drinks, stick to one type of liquor.

Like a daiquiri, a piña colada, and a coke with rum... All use rum as the alcohol, so you should be okay to try them all.
Fairfieldwizard
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:22 PM
Why do you want to do this? Presuming you're a mom (this being Cafe Mom after all), what advice would you give your daughter if she told you this was what she was going to do?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:23 PM

I would see no problem with someone going to drink when it is legal. 

I would tell her to go with someone who has done it before and tell her to get a cab or DD

Quoting Fairfieldwizard: Why do you want to do this? Presuming you're a mom (this being Cafe Mom after all), what advice would you give your daughter if she told you this was what she was going to do?

rfhsure
by beast mode on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Have fun! I did the same just recently :) my son was born a month before my 21st so I didn't celebrate it until this year. Around here, its 4-7 for drinks in more rural areas and 5-9 downtown. If you plan on drinkinging a lot, I'd have about 75-100. That should cover drinks plus a bus/taxi/ gas for designated driver.
ThisMom128
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:24 PM
Have fun!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:24 PM
Last time I went to a bar and got drunk I didnt pay a dime. I never did. But around me at resurants (not chain places) drinks are about 8 buck each
msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:24 PM
I pregame and drink straight. I work in Clubs so I dont pay covers. A night out usually 30 bux
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rfhsure
by beast mode on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:25 PM
Moms aren't allowed to celebrate their birthdays? That's new to me. Why is it okay for a married woman at 30 but not for a younger mom? Isn't it better she's reserving her fun for a special occasion in the evening than doing this every weekend? Did you not celebrate your 21st birthday or something?

Quoting Fairfieldwizard: Why do you want to do this? Presuming you're a mom (this being Cafe Mom after all), what advice would you give your daughter if she told you this was what she was going to do?
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Here we go.
Her life doesn't cease to exist just because she is a mother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN