Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So sorry your having a boy

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:25 PM
  • 67 Replies
2 moms liked this
I just found out I'm expecting another boy. I am thrilled. When we got pregnant we just wanted a baby and are happy with a boy or girl. So I have since gotten the following responses when we revealed it's another boy
"I'm so sorry but at least he's healthy!"
"Oh well maybe next time"
And
"Oh no!"
Wtf! I am happy to have another boy. My sons will be close and it's perfect. I love my boy and people are pissing me off!
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
msbell428
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:32 PM
2 moms liked this
Congrats!! I got that a lot too when I found out my second baby was a boy. I wanted 2 boys, and I got them, even though I would have been happy with either boy or girl. They were obsessive telling me they just knew it was a girl. I love having boys!
bcoll
by Brandi on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

People can be silly. Lol

Congrats mama! :)

mommy211983
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:33 PM
Everyone kept telling me girl. I'm honestly a tom boy so having boys is just fine by me. And thanks!

Quoting msbell428: Congrats!! I got that a lot too when I found out my second baby was a boy. I wanted 2 boys, and I got them, even though I would have been happy with either boy or girl. They were obsessive telling me they just knew it was a girl. I love having boys!
KekeLi938
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats. I got the same thing with my last 2 pregnancies, since they were our second and third daughter.
KikiB85
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Your dammed either way. Some ones always got a comment...
Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I have two boys. I'm probably pregnant with another boy! (:
msbell428
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:36 PM
:) I'm the same way. Even the ultrasound tech was like "you wanted two boys? Are you crazy?" Yep... guess so, lol!

Quoting mommy211983: Everyone kept telling me girl. I'm honestly a tom boy so having boys is just fine by me. And thanks!

Quoting msbell428: Congrats!! I got that a lot too when I found out my second baby was a boy. I wanted 2 boys, and I got them, even though I would have been happy with either boy or girl. They were obsessive telling me they just knew it was a girl. I love having boys!
yo_ho
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations!

I never wanted a girl and I got three boys. They are crazy, but I love them and they are mine!

Jensep
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats! I had a boy first & when I got pregnant with my second boy, I heard the same thing! "So sorry it's another boy".    " will you try for a third now, so you can have your girl"

why do people assume I want a girl (even tho I do,, but more than happy with my boys)

Magical_Mommy92
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't let them get to you girl. People were the same way with me, I had my oldest DS in April 2010 and his younger brother was born December of 2011 they are exactly 20 months apart, both healthy and very close to eachother. I am ecstatic in my decision to have them close. I finally told people if they weren't happy with me having another boy they didn't have to be there period. I was just happy that he was healthy and on time. That is all that we can ask for being mothers. It could always be worse. <3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN