Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Lets play the call her an idiot game!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
No I really need advice on this. I am aware none of you are doctors. I have tried Google and I'm getting an even split between go to the ER now, wait and call obgyn tomorrow, suck it up there is nothing they can do.

I have bronchitis and I am 26 weeks pregnant. I can't go even 10 minutes with out a coughing fit that leaves my chest aching and I'm pretty sure I pulled some muscle from coughing so hard. It feels like mucus in my cheet but nothing comes up.

I feel horrible. But I don't want to go to ER if there is no reason. So anyone know about bronchitis and being pregnant?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:35 PM
I would wait & go in the morning but that's just me.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:36 PM
I'd wait.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Don't you probably need antiobiotics?

I don't know why you're not getting Google results; everything I'm reading saying you need to see a doctor.

BrittSam2011
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Personally, if you're coughing that much, I'd go to the ER now. Or call your OBs office, they usually have an emergency line for pregnant women.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:37 PM
I would call the OB first because they will know more about pregnancy & baby's health to see what they say. If they say baby is probably fine/safe I would call your doctor to see what they say about the bronchitis & what you can do.
adrianasmommy07
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:37 PM
I would go. I had bronchitis that bad when I was pregnant. I waited till morning and by the time I got there I was barely moving air in my lungs at all according to the dr. I was very nearly hospitalized because of it.
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Smear your self down with Vicks and go sit in the bathroom with a hot shower going for steam and play on CM for awhile. Hugs and hope you feel betterr soon.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Try running the shower with bathroom door closed. Sit in there and breath in the steam. Also lay on your side or stomach (if you can ) and have someone karate chop your back. It will loosen the shit so you can cough it up. This might get you through til tomorrow when you can see your Dr. hugs feel better.

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:39 PM

I wouldn't go unless there was something seriously wrong (bleeding etc).

Call your Dr tomorrow and ask them.  Have you done any breathing treatments with just steam?  Take a hot shower and sit in there for a while.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:39 PM
I don't know. I only ever had bronchitis when I was little and it was always combined with an ear infection or something. Everything I read was giving me different results.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Don't you probably need antiobiotics?

I don't know why you're not getting Google results; everything I'm reading saying you need to see a doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)