Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just witnessed the stupidest s***. I can't believe she called the cops. *2ND UPDATE AFTER COURT*

Posted by   + Show Post

Just watched my neighbor's youngest daughter get led out by cops in handcuffs.

She's 15. Her older daughter is 18, and they were home alone tonight. They had some sort of stupid argument over some boy, and the younger one threw something at the older one, prompting her to call the police.

Okay, makes sense. Domestic assault charge, yeah. I was doing a load of laundry downstairs when the cops arrived, and the older sister opened the door and said the younger one had gone to bed but she wanted her arrested for assaulting her. In Michigan, if there's a domestic violence call, someone HAS to go to jail. So they went and got the younger girl out of bed, took her statement, cuffed her in the hallway, and led her to the car, all while the older girl stood there with a smug look on her face.

One of the officers asked me what I had heard, I told him nothing, since I'm deaf and only sign and lip read, and he explained to me that the younger one was going to jail for throwing something at her sister. I asked what she threw...
He told me...

wait for it...

A PILLOW.

She threw a 10"x10" decorative fleece pillow! The officer even told me he thought it was ridiculous that he even had to come out and it was a waste of time, but because they were called and she threw SOMETHING, they're required to make an arrest.

My neighbor is NOT going to be happy when she gets home in the morning.

What a waste of police resources over petty teenage girl drama. SMDH

*UPDATE*

Just talked to my neighbor.
She's in the middle of bagging all her older daughter's stuff up, and half of it's already outside. She isn't letting her come back in the house.
They released the younger daughter to her without bond yesterday afternoon on the promise that she'll appear in court on Monday.
She's PISSED. She took the younger one out shopping yesterday after getting her from the juvenille detention center, and told the older one to pack her shit or she's doing it for her. Apparently she didn't think she was serious, because all her stuff is being tossed outside as I type.
She'll let me know what happens after court Monday.

*2ND UPDATE*

Prosecutor dropped the charges against the younger sister, requesting only a 30 day temporary restraining order be kept in place, so that no one can try to start shit out of spite again in the next month. 
Prosecutor also filed charges against the older sister for misdemeanor obstruction of justice, for wasting police time and resources. The warrant for her arrest was issued at the end of the younger daughter's court session, around 10 am, and she was taken into custody at the courthouse, and the judge set a $100 bond, she was transported to the county jail, where her boyfriend paid her bail, they released her, and now she's back at his parent's house where she's living now. 
Her court date is scheduled next Wednesday, April 2nd, at 9 AM. 

***I don't have another update yet, I haven't seen my neighbor at all because I've been on bedrest. I'll update as soon as I can.

by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 2:19 AM
Replies (651-659):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:11 PM

bump

katemckenzie
by Kate on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Dunno. I'm on bedrest, so I haven't seen my neighbor for awhile.

Quoting Anonymous: What happened?

katemckenzie
by Kate on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:14 PM

No, not yet. I'm on bedrest, so I haven't seen my neighbor in awhile.

Quoting the_kids_mom: Do you have an update since the oldest girls court date on Wednesday?
Quoting katemckenzie: BUMP

the_kids_mom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:17 PM
Take care of yourself, girlie, please update when you feel better. Hopefully things work out for her.

Quoting katemckenzie:

No, not yet. I'm on bedrest, so I haven't seen my neighbor in awhile.

Quoting the_kids_mom: Do you have an update since the oldest girls court date on Wednesday?

Quoting katemckenzie: BUMP

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2014 at 1:57 PM

You okay? any update yet?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 13, 2014 at 12:11 AM

did you ever find out what happened with the older girl?

katemckenzie
by Kate on May. 13, 2014 at 12:16 AM
No, they all moved out last month. I never got the rest of the story.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maks1mommy
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2014 at 12:18 AM
Why area you on bed rest?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 13, 2014 at 12:20 AM

that sucks.

Quoting katemckenzie: No, they all moved out last month. I never got the rest of the story.
Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)