Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seriously, is it that big of a problem

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 6:33 AM
  • 4 Replies

Today, being the first day of spring (Yay!), our state is running a state wide tornado emergency test.  They're planning on sounding the sirens and over the weather radios twice today.  Plus I believe the schools do a drill to prepare them.  People online are complaining about this!  Is this that big of a deal!  5 minutes you have to listen to a siren go off or your tv won't work.  Some are complaining that the schools have missed so much they don't need anymore distractions.  It's not like it takes an entire day to do a tornado drill.  Tornadoes hit this area just last November and there were a couple schools hit.  Fortunately, it hit on a Sunday but I couldn't (and don't want to) imagine what would have happened had it been durning a weekday.  I swear some people complain just to complain.

by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 6:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 6:53 AM
2 moms liked this
And they will be the first to complain that no one told them what to do in an emergency situation.
kaysha
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 6:58 AM
Wow. People just need a reason to bitch.
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Mar. 20, 2014 at 7:01 AM
that's odf... Ours go off every Wednesday at noon. I couldn't imagine just one time a yr
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 7:08 AM
Quoting PhantomRose88: And they will be the first to complain that no one told them what to do in an emergency situation.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN