Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What's the most extreme thing you've ever done in the name of fast food?

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 8:08 AM
  • 93 Replies

7 Crazy Extremes People Have Gone to for Fast Food

by Adriana Velez

car on fireDid you hear about the one about the woman who got upset when a man refused to buy her an ice cream? It wasn't so much upset as infernally furious. A fight broke out between a Florida couple when the man refused to buy his woman a McFlurry dessert. Apparently that dessert meant a whole lot to her. She poured gasoline all over his car and set it on fire ... over a shake.

Okay, I've been accused of taking food way too seriously. But this? This is insane. Oh the crazy things people will do to get their hands on their favorite fast food.

1. There's the man who was arrested for pouring Coke into a cup meant for water. Seems a little extreme, but geez, man. Just pay for your caffeinated sugar water.

2. A teacher threw hash browns at a fast food employee. Something about her order did not meet her expectations. Oh Florida ...

3. When Taco Bell raised its prices a couple years ago one man picked up his BB gun and shot through the drive-through window at the manager. And the story goes on from there in a most shameful manner. This is over a matter of 50 cents, by the way.

4. Passion for fast food doesn't always lead people to a life of crime, though. A few Stir staffers who requested to remain nameless admitted to going to great lengths to buy a Shamrock Shake.

5. Another Stir staffer confesses:

On a trip down the East Coast once to Florida, I deliberately scheduled a connecting flight through the Atlanta airport (both ways) because I knew it had a Panda Express. It cost an additional $60 more than the other connection, but I really, really, really wanted Panda Express. And it was so worth it.

6. Finally, there are the people who will risk their health over fast food. I mean, doesn't everyone ... but this is more extreme. A study from a couple years ago revealed that out of 2,500 patients who'd suffered a heart attack, 503 were still eating fast food six months after their near-death experience. Oh, that hurts my heart!

Click here for video from WFTV

What's the most extreme thing you've ever done in the name of fast food?

by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 8:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 21, 2014 at 8:09 AM
5 moms liked this

Nothing......it's not like fast food is hard to come by, that you have to go to any extremes to get it....lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 21, 2014 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I went out one night with friends. I got drunk and my friend drove me home. The next morning, I walked half a mile, hung over and smelling like puke, to her house to get my car, so that I could get some damn Burger King onion rings. That is about as crazy as I got.
tezell78
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this
we had a co workers boyfriend drive over 300 miles 1 way during a major snowstorm, in the middle of the night to get in-n-out. the nearest one is in Redding California, and we were in Redmond Oregon....
RiotPixie
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Not exactly fast food, but my DF and I took an hour and a half trip one way just to get Steak and Shake. I was pregnant and really wanted a hand-dipped shake and a steak burger.
incogNinja
by Whofflé on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Have to be extremely hungry to eat fast food.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:36 AM
I had just gotten off work and drove home. I had the house to myself for the week (this is when I was a teen) and mom had stocked up in ny favorite foods.

I saw a commercial for Arby's summer chicken salad wrap. I hate Arby's, but this looked good. I ended up driving twenty minutes back to town to get it.

It sucked. I took one bite and threw it and away.
crysiann
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Not exactly fast food, but, my dh and I will drive to Illinois(about 1 1/2 hour drive), to go to Jamba Juice! I love their smoothies, and their wheat grass shots! We just make a day of it, go shopping, drink our smoothies, and then visit my parents who live in WI, but, close to Illinois.
69liliem10
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Nothing. Nothing at all.

I mean, this one time, I was waiting at the window for my Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger at Wendy's and I saw the guy pick his nose, and then used that hand to pick up my burger and wrap it. I made him remake it after washing his hands. 

lauren131
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:46 AM
My hubby and i dont have a whataburger where we are stationed there is one right by my parents house though so whenever we go home we will stay up till midnight to get a honey butter chicken biscuit and make sure we have whataburger at least once a day while we are visiting whenever we go home
YesYesOhGodYes
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Going to more than one drive through to get what I want.

I have found the best combination - McDonald's french fries to go along with my bean burrito from Taco Bell.

There is only one Del Taco in my state and it's about 30 mins from me.  Any time I pass by it I have to stop.  If I am traveling and there's a Del Taco, I will eat there every day of my trip.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)