Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is the expectation *team dinners

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 199 Replies

This sunday will be my sons last indoor baseball practice before the season starts. So last week at practice I organized a pizza party for right after this weeks practice. Figured this way the kids get in a little fun before the seriousness of baseball starts.

I organized it  with the parents there and made for the reservation. Not all the parents go to the practices, so a lot of it was done through email.

Well now that it's friday....and maybe because I spend too much time on this site...I'm nervous. What is the expectation of who pays?

My idea was to just order a bunch of pizza and drinks, and then divide the bill by how many people go. My count is 37 right now. So I would divide it by 37...and then everyone would pay for the amounf of people they brought. So lets say the bill is 300 with tip. Divided by 37 is about 8 dollars. Round up so I don't get screwed and thats 9 a person...so if someone had  4 people in thier party they would pay 36 dollars.

Does this make sense? 

And will everyone know they are paying for their own food?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:00 AM

b

An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:00 AM
No, if you didn't put it in the email, not everyone will assume it's pay your way. You will be expected to pay.
An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:01 AM
That's not to say EVERYONE will expect you to pay, but there will be people who make that assumption that since you organized and invited, you're paying.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Quoting An0nym0use: That's not to say EVERYONE will expect you to pay, but there will be people who make that assumption that since you organized and invited, you're paying.

^^ yep, this. If you did not state it was pay your own, there will be people who think you are footing the bill

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Oh, wow. Payment responsibility should have been stated beforehand lol you're screwed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:04 AM

So if you got an email that said  "hey everyone since sunday will be the last practice lets do a pizza party at *******. We'll go right after practice and try not to keep the kids out too late. I'm making the ressie for 7:15. respond with how many people you'e bringing"

You would think that meant you got a free dinner? 

See I'm asking because of how people on here react to these situations. But in real life...you really thinking that would be the response?

Quoting An0nym0use: No, if you didn't put it in the email, not everyone will assume it's pay your way. You will be expected to pay.

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

You need to send out another mass mail telling everybody that according to your count the dinner should cost $8 per per person.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:06 AM

I'm not screwed. People will just have to go to the ATM. 

Quoting Anonymous: Oh, wow. Payment responsibility should have been stated beforehand lol you're screwed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:07 AM

I made that cost up. I don;t have a clue what it will cost to feed that amount of people. 

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

You need to send out another mass mail telling everybody that according to your count the dinner should cost $8 per per person.

An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:07 AM
No, I wouldn't. I never assume that a person is paying anything for me, regardless of what the situation is unless they specifically say they are paying. But that's just ME, and I over analyze every little moment of my life and hate to be caught off guard.
But most people would assume they you are paying, yes

Quoting Anonymous:

So if you got an email that said  "hey everyone since sunday will be the last practice lets do a pizza party at *******. We'll go right after practice and try not to keep the kids out too late. I'm making the ressie for 7:15. respond with how many people you'e bringing"

You would think that meant you got a free dinner? 

See I'm asking because of how people on here react to these situations. But in real life...you really thinking that would be the response?

Quoting An0nym0use: No, if you didn't put it in the email, not everyone will assume it's pay your way. You will be expected to pay.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)