Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

calling someone late at night is rude (read my reply on pg 2)

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:24 AM
  • 30 Replies
My bf's 20 year old dd calls him all hours of the night without reguard to the fact that we both have to get up really early for work. She only ever calls to ask for money, and when she does its after midnight. His phone rang at 2:30 this morning!!! Im so aggrivated by this, but dont know what to do. I was raised that you dont call after 9pm unless theres an emergency or the person is expecting your call. just had to vent....
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:26 AM

I don't believe you should do anything. He should have set the precedence with her.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:26 AM

is she calling a house phone?

69liliem10
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:29 AM

I turn off my cell phones at night. The house phone (yes, we still have a house phone) is always on. That's the number people call in an emergency. My mom bitched at me so badly for answering it by saying "what the ever living fuck..." at four in the morning when my sister was in labor.

Decemberlov
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:29 AM
agreed. I won't call after 9pm or before 10am
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:30 AM
Why doesn't he tell her to stop.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:31 AM
If I have to answer the phone late at night, someone better be dead or in jail. Do not call this house just to talk. I hate that.
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:32 AM
I hate that. Or if someone texts me late. I keep my phone on for the alarm, and emergencies.
I go to bed early..like 9-10..
lacyd75_anew
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:33 AM
When I was growing up that's how it was too...no calling after 9. He needs to set some boundaries there if it's bothersome. Does it bother him?
Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

If she's not calling the house phone, you kindly suck it up.

One may call another's personal number at any time of day or night that is okay with the person on the receiving end.

danie24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:40 AM

My kids will always know they can call any time no matter what. Whether it's for money or just to talk.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)