Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No I will not terminate! ETA AGAIN!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 80 Replies
6 moms liked this
So I've been having quite the complicated pregnancy this far. Bleeding, cramping, the passing of tissue, more bleeding, spotting....and in all this, somehow my hcg levels continue to rise. This tells me my bean is putting up one of the biggest fights ever!

I go to the dr daily for blood work and exams and my cervix is also still closed. They asked me today if I wanted to terminate since my levels weren't going up enough and all the complications I've had so far.

I told them no.

I'm sorry but if this little thing can withstand everything it's gone through so far and still be growing, I'm going to give it a fighting chance and I will do the best I can to help it.

I was told that there's a very small chance it will make it if I do this but they will respect my wishes and continue to closely monitor me. They said if anything feels wrong or more cramping begins again to come in immediately for exams and even more blood work. I am perfectly fine with that.

I am hopeful for this baby but am prepared for the worst as well.

So fight baby fight! Mommy is right here waiting for you!

*****I have had ultrasounds but my levels are too low for anything to be seen. They've checked ovaries as well as tubes and uterus. My levels only rose 194 in 3 days but til it's over, it's not over...

ETA 28 March
I went to an off post provider today....
Got told it might not be a normal pregnancy but they found a sack, just no pole. She said it could be there but her machine generally doesn't pick up anything prior to 8 weeks and my sack is measuring at only 6 weeks. She said to keep having my blood checked and be careful in what I do. Continue my vitamins and eating healthy. She did give me info on miscarriages just in case. But this is better than what the stupid Army drs were saying!!!! No copy of ultrasound unfortunately but I definitely got to see a sack!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2014 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Good luck beanie!
Prayers for you.
babygirl4326
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you're doing the right thing.

HetherElizabeth
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 3:50 PM
I would do the same thing. I hope all turns out well for you and your little bean!
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Good luck!
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 3:51 PM
If a pregnancy weren't viable or the baby wouldn't live past birth, I would terminate but since your levels are rising, that is a good sign. You might of had twins and lost one but the other is hanging in there. In your case I would also refuse an abortion.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2014 at 3:51 PM
I hope everything turns out ok. You are doing the right thing.
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Good luck.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Mar. 21, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Good luck.

couture-mommy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 3:52 PM
Awwwww good luck
nolongermstkn
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 3:52 PM
Prayers. How far along are you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)