Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Deodorant recommendations?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

Since I've had my child, I sweat so easily and deodorant does not work as well as it used to and my underarms are sore from so much washing. I've tried MOM, it helps but takes a while to dry and starts smelling weird after a while. Degree and Arrid used to work, now not so much. Michum loses effect after one drop of sweat. Toms works stings after a wash and I still have to reapply after a few hours. I'm very frustrated and embarrassed by this issue.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2014 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2014 at 6:58 PM

BUMP!

Texor
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Certain Dry OR Rx antiperspirant you get from your doc. 

I've had this problem for YEARS.

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:01 PM
Secret clinical is awesome
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:01 PM
I used either Degree or Dove clinical! It helps
Chrsbn
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:02 PM
I like secret but the solid not the gel
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:02 PM
I have to use clinical strength secret. It's the only thing that works. Some days it works better than others though. I think I have some kind of hormonal imbalance or something.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:09 PM
I use a product called Sweat Block. It is amazing. It is a towelette that you wipe under your arms at night once a week.

I used to sweat profusely. Like I would just be sitting at my desk and it would drip down my sides. After only wearing a shirt for 30 minutes I would have noticeable wetness.

Since using this product I have very little moisture (and I can go 3 weeks without reapplying). It has saved me.

One word of warning, make sure you use anti bacterial soap and a good deoderant (not antiperspirant). Without the "wet" the odor can build up and really stink. I usually carry baby wipes and deoderant with me to give myself a refresh during my lunch hour to make sure I don't get bo.

I buy it from Amazon. I've never seen it in a store.
Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:10 PM

I've heard women say not to use certain deodorants or such products because it's bad for your health? Not sure what the research says.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:16 PM

Yes, I'm partly crunchy lol so I try to stay away from certain things and would prefer a healthy deodorant so I'm still looking for one but I'm also a little desperate to solve this problem.

Quoting Derari:

I've heard women say not to use certain deodorants or such products because it's bad for your health? Not sure what the research says.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)